• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1) crashing on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated all my Adobe CC apps to the latest versions today, and I am having frequent crashes with Adobe Illustrator CC 24.0 because I am trying to open the "Help" menu from the Menu bar (by reflex or by accident). When I do that, Illustrator crashes immeditaly everytime. 

Am I the only one to have this bug? Is there something to do to fix this?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Same problem with me: illustrator 24.1 on MacOS Catalina keeps on crashing. Deleting cashes+preferences only worked once, and next kept crashing again.

Solution for me was given by adobe support: delete this folder:

/Library/Frameworks/WacomMultiTouch.framework

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If that doesn't help, try steps shared on this help article and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yoshin,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I would request if you can share a few more details like: 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.  

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting Illustrator Preferences does not resolve the issue.

The issue is not related to a specific document.

I added the crash logs to the attachments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem. It happens on all three of my Macs: Illustrator crashes on launch. It's fine after that, until I quit. Then the cycle starts anew. And it had this same problem before I updated to Mac OS Catalina. Illustrator 2019 never had this problem. This has been going on since I updated Illustrator to 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...It started acting up today.  Illustrator 2020 hangs when I try to open any file, but if I start a blank document, it starts up fine.  I tried the "preferences" work around, but didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, have the latest Illustrator on PC Windows 10. Won't start, gets stuck on startup and can do nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue this morning. Only just updated and now I can't complete any work!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.0.1) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v v 24.0.1, then we recommend you to update to latest version and let us know how it goes.

If that doesn't help either, please share the following details:

• Operating System.
  • Is it happening with just 1 file or all the files?
  • Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)? 
  • Is the issue related to a specific workflow/ feature/ tool?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • What is file format (Ai/ EPS/ SVG)?

You can ignore if you have already shared any of these information. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have recently updated my Mac to Catalina V10.15.1

I have just started a brand new membership to Adobe.

I have just downloaded the latest version of Illustrator

everything in the above order...

Bottom line Illustrator crashed on opening - the icon bounces about 4 times then... well, nothing - not even a crash dialogue.

So I deleted everything to do with Illustrator and downloaded the previous version. Result: The same thing!

I am currently turning away business due to the fault. Very annoyed that I am paying for this!

W

W

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html They can login to your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue was solves easily - it was crashing because the confirmation email on registration needed to be actioned.

After this I have had no issues.

It would be nice to see a dialogue box to say this when the issue hapens though as to make it clearer for users to know the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi
I have Illustrator 2020 (v 24.0.1) installed on my mac pro and recently it also crash/stuck on opening. I have sended crash reports automatically after it happens. no specific file and I'm still on MacOS Mojave since I noticed there are prolems with Catalina so I never instaled it.
I even reinstalled illustrator 2020 just to make sure.
no prolem with 2019 version. on my mac theres no such problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 24.0.1 installed - this is the version with the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Srishti - you assume that everyone on here is a computer whizz. Personally I have no idea what you are saying with most suggestions above. I also do not have time to waste trying to figurte it all out (something I could do but i wont) when I am looking at a collection of apps for £49.99 monthly I do expect to have to faff around in the internal runnings of my Mac book. 

I have a seven day trial with adobe before I have to pay - I thought that would be plenty of time to make an informed decision but this is the end of day two and I still cant use anyhting. 

Yesterday was devoted to installing Creative Cloud drive on the mac with OS catalina something i note from google that a lot of people struggle with. I gave in and emailed adobe for help - 24 hours later the silence is truly deafening.

Today has been a downloaded but constantly crashing Illustrator. No error messages just constantly stalling. Why would I pay £49.99 monthly for the rest of my working life to be fiddling around trying to get everything to work? Thats Adobes job not mine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Customer Care: http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

You need to be logged in with your Adobe ID and then at the bottom right there is the chat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I completely understand your frustration. As Monika suggested, please reach our support team for a live troubleshooting session.

We can help troubleshoot faster that way.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe this is getting ridiculous!...I do absolutely nothing, casually working on documents in Illustrator, and it is guaranteed to crash (at least) once every day!!....absolutely no relation to any of the crashes, in terms of specific actions I take!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues. Ever since I upgraded to 2020, my programs have been crashing constantly and apparently at random. Illustrator and After Effects seem to be the programs that crash the most, and they often cause any other Adobe programs I have open to crash as well. This is getting to the point that I can't do any of my work, which is very frustrating because a lot of my work is time-sensitive.

At this very moment I am about to restart my computer because I can't open any files - new or in progress - without Illustrator crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I tried loading 2020 when it first came out and it crashed everytime. So I went back to 2019. But today I ran into files that were created in 2020 so I could not open them. So I tried to reinstall 2020. Still crashed. So then I updated to OS Catalina thinking that would fix the issue. Reinstalled Illustrator and still crashed. Did the preference thing. Reinstalled CC Desktop. Deleted the stuff from OOBE folder. Still crashing. I need HELP!!!!! Have not had any CC issues until this Illustrator fiasco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was just on the phone with Adobe Tech Support. Had me click my firewall off and then was able to launch Illustrator. Also deleted Illustrator Prefs and he checked to see if there might be any virus detection software on my system. Said that could cause issues. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

So sorry to hear about this issue. I found the crash report submitted by you. According to that it's crashing due to due GPU issues. Could you please try the following steps and let us know if that helps:

• Disable Automatic GPU Switching from system Preferences. Go to the Apple menu and choose “System Preferences” and then go to “Energy” control panel. Uncheck the box next to “Automatic graphics switching” and restart Illustrator.
     disable-automatic-graphics-switching-macbook-pro-610x459 (1).jpg
  • If that doesn't help, turn off GPU performance from Illustrator Preferences.GPU performance Ai.png

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We extremely sorry to hear about these issues. I would request you to please submit crash reports along with the other details asked above. 

While submitting crash report use the same email address, with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us finding the crash report and help accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I submit a crash report when I can, but more often than not I have to shut off the program manually or it crashes the whole computer (hello Blue Screen of Death!) so it doesn't generate a crash report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator year 2019, renaming folders solution. 🤣🤣🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jina,

Sorry about the delay in reponse. I tried multiple times, but couldn't find the crash report with your email address. If you have already tried the steps I shared above, we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help on a live session that way.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines