• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 doesn't open DWG files

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon everybody. I'm writing searching for help regarding a problem with my Illustrator 2020 version when I try to open a .dwg file. In the home page when I select the file from my desktop, the program gives me this messagge:" The file "xxx.dwg" is in an unknown format and cannot be opened". Could someone help me with this issue? I absolutely need to work on it.

Thank You in advance

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Impossible to know. You have not offered any system information or other critical info like e.g. where and how the DWG was crerated/ exported. Simply using the wrong export options in a CAD program can make the file useless when it contains data AI can't read. In fact that would have to be the first thing to check: Does it actually open in a DWG viewer or CAD program? If not, then the file may never work.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines