Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2020 freezes, gui crashes on macbook

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

When I use illustrator I experience several problems.

Illustrator freezes (the program itself and my MacBook) leaving only the function to move my cursor, not that I can click anything.

The gui of both illustrator and my MacBook "glitch" in that some instances lose their text, are replaced with different gui from other programs or dissappear completely.

This happens at any given time, but mostly when usen things like the pen tool or other path creation tools. 

Can anyone help me with a fix to my problem?

(attached photos show removed text from finder bar, removed background and gui around art board gone) 

Kind regards, 

Sietse Schaap 

Student

Screenshot_20200910_112232_com.whatsapp.jpg

Screenshot_20200910_112202_com.whatsapp.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Hi Sietse,

Sorry about this trouble. That's not the typical experience with the application. Let us help you fix this. Could you please share a few more details like:

• Operating system and version of Illustrator you are working on?
  • Videos you shared above are not working. Would you mind sharing them again? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 
  •  What all applications are running in the background?
  • Do you

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Thanks for sharing the details, Sietse. Do let us know if turning off GPU performance helps. Also, please confirm if you have any exterenal monitor connected to your system? If yes, try removing that as well and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you list the technical features of your Macbook Air?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 1,6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphicscard Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sietse,

Sorry about this trouble. That's not the typical experience with the application. Let us help you fix this. Could you please share a few more details like:

• Operating system and version of Illustrator you are working on?
  • Videos you shared above are not working. Would you mind sharing them again? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 
  •  What all applications are running in the background?
  • Do you have any tablet like Wacom/ Huion etc connected to your system? If yes, could you please try removing them and check how it works?
  • Does turning off GPU performance in Illustrator preferences help resolving the issue?
    GPU performance Ai.png

All this information will help us understand this issue better and help you accordingly. 

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Im using Mojave version 10.14.6 and the latest version of illustrator, which would be 24.3.

Video one: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/5ad6b775-c8ec-48a0-49d9-15fc0bcb8705

Shows my top bar with no text, my background being black (normaly a picture of a dessert) and everything around my illustrator artboard being gone.

Video two: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/b87d766e-a058-408d-60b1-fa99cfc08803

Shows the interface of my illustrator messing up.

This happens with or without applications running in the back. Even after i just restarted and there is nothing running accept illustrator. 

I dont use any tablets.

I will try changing the setting you showed me.

I hope it helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details, Sietse. Do let us know if turning off GPU performance helps. Also, please confirm if you have any exterenal monitor connected to your system? If yes, try removing that as well and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines