• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2021 Freezing when opening/closing & won't support large file sizes.

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on several files per day. All different sizes randing from 1kb to 20mb. It seems as though once I open a larger file around 10mb+ my entire illustrator starts to freeze and glitch unitl I have to force quit. Aftet this happens my illustrator continues to do so the rest of the work day with all files. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the newest version and have also tried getting an older verison, but it hasn't helped. Ever since I got the newest version, illustrator also freezes when opening and closing files. Used to take about 3 seconds to open or clase a file. Now it takes around 45 seconds.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on Windows?

The latest Windows update messed with the printer driver and Microsoft are already working on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. In addition to the response shared by Monika, please try suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) & let us know if it helps to improve the performance of the app.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines