• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 crashing/ Not Responding/ while closing/ exiting on Windows machine

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This wasnt happening on the previous version. This only began the minute I updated. I've reset the prefernces and still nothing. I'm on the latest build for Windows 10 Pro, 21H1, OS build 19043.1348, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Dont even need to have opened a file. Open the app, close the app it freezes.

Only way to close it is Ending the Process through task manager.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Hi All,

We are sorry about the trouble. I would request you to update to v26.0.2. We have tried to address this issue in this release. If you don't see this update, you may manually check for updates in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 127 Replies 127
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nada Mohsen Omar,

Glad to hear that updating the Windows helped resolve the issue. Multiple users reported this issue, and we are sorry about the trouble. This issue has been addressed in v26.0.2. If you face this issue in the future, please feel free to reach out to us here. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, here is a Youtube video I found trying to fix something else turns out it fixed the Illustrator issue too. Good luck.

https://youtu.be/kenAIsJEyJU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue - new install Windows 10 64 bit etc. I end up using the Task Manager to close the application every time. It locks up the program as soon as I try to close it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I'm sorry I forgot to take notes right after this fix. 

I installed Illustrator 26.02 Beta to help fix the crash issue, then reinstalled Illustrator 26.01. It was weird, but it worked. Sorry I didn't write down the steps and link when I fixed the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I work with Illustrator every day, but since I've installed Windows 11, Illustrator crashes every time before closing. Are there problems with Windows 11? I have already reinstalled Illustrator, the issue still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried everything on this list here...?

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-crash-on-launch-issues.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Steffe Schönlau

Sorry about the trouble. I would request you to try our latest Prerelease build, v26.0.2, in which we have tried to address this issue.

Please follow the instructions below to get this:
1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
2. Accept Prerelease Agreement
3. Go to Creative Cloud Desktop and look for Prerelease in the Apps section.
4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.2 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Please let us know whether this issue is fixed for you in this prerelease build or not.

This build also contains fixes for stability, security, and some other reported issues.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you soveled this already. I had the same issue, here is a Youtube video I found trying to fix something else turns out it fixed the Illustrator issue too. Good luck.

https://youtu.be/kenAIsJEyJU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

illustrator crashes every time I close it, even after reinstalling 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows?

That is a known issue. There is a beta version available that seems to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its on windows 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you typed "crashed when closing" as your title you didn't see a list of previous posts on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I didnt see any other thing about it when I typed it in, sorry 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the trouble. I would request you to update to v26.0.2. We have tried to address this issue in this release. If you don't see this update, you may manually check for updates in the Creative Cloud desktop app. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app is crashing for everything. Two days ago it was because i was just exporting files and now, it crash when i close. What`s going on with this last updated? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the crashing! I know that's really frustrating. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Confirm Operating System & the exact version of Illustrator 2022. Is it v26.0 or 26.0.1?
  • Does it seem to crash at random, at launch, or after performing a particular action?
  • Does it crash while working on a specific document? If yes, could you please package the document and share it with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link here or via DM.
  • Where are you saving the documents and links (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • Submit the crash report by following the steps suggested here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html).
    While submitting the crash report, please use the same email address with which you are signed in on this community. This will help us find the crash report and help accordingly.

We are here to help. We just need more information.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Anshul! Sorry for responding this so late. 
It keeps on crashing everytime i close adobe illustrator.
My operating system is windows 11 and the version of AI is 26.01.
I´m saving eveything in a external HDD.

Hope we can fix this.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I would request you to try our latest Prerelease build, v26.0.2, in which we have tried to address this issue.

1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713
4. Install/Update to Illustrator Prerelease 26.0.2 from Creative Cloud Desktop Pre-Release Tab (This will not replace the existing installation of Release build of Illustrator)

Please let us know whether this issue is fixed for you in this prerelease build or not.

This build also contains fixes for stability, security, and some other reported issues.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank u so much. 
This prerelease version works super fine.
Everything works. 
😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've force stopped and deleted all of my preferences. The only way I can get Illustrator to shut down is CTRL-ALT-DELETE. Then there are no recent files saved. Can I uninstall illustrator and re-install it, or will this cause added issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds crazy, but none of the "complicated" answers worked. All I had to do was go into my Adobe Profile, then Privacy settings and uncheck the "Desktop and app usage" and "Machine Learning" boxes. Adobe "Big Brother" caused the crashing?!? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear that work, @staceyw72942591. I would request you to turn on these settings in Adobe Profile and try our latest Prerelease build, v26.0.2, in which we have tried to address this issue.

1. If you are not already part of the Illustrator Prerelease program, then please click this link to join the prerelease – https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/85A6F544-2705-49BD-8314-DD549C6A1713

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated Illustrator, I've been having problems with the program crashing when I try to close it. My files are fine as long as I save them before I try to close them, but it always crashes when I try to exit the program.  My version is 26.0.1 and I've never had this issue until after I updated to this version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines