• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator 2022 won't work on [my] windows( installed and uninstalled x 4 times)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having considerable issues with Illustrator 2022. Since installing , it won't open at all, regardless of trying to open it in adobe cloud, through windows menu etc.... I just get a timer next to my cursor . It shows as a background process in task manager. I have uninstalled and reinstalled x 4 times. Even if I install the previous version , it won't work either, and I experience the same issue, I don't know what to do. Interstingly, Photoshop update seems to be ok and working and I updated both at the same time. If  I click on illustrator it keeps just adding more illustrator files to task manager but wonn't open ( see attached).

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021
Hi,
I contacted Adobe directly (I had to wait 45min for the chat session but it
solved the issue). This has never happened to me before ( as in software
issues )but this has worked for me . I have antivirus software installed,
even though there is nothing listed as blocked or unblocked the software
was blocking illustrator from starting, illustrator only! - unbelievable
huh? I added the adobe file ( find the drive and folder it is in ) and
added the whole adobe folder to the "Exception list" under the ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this is maybe a bug yet or windows 10 compatibility issue or check system requirements for latest release...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the software was already running on windows 10 before the upgrade and now no version of illustrator will work, that is illustrator only... Photoshop does...  I'm sorry but your response is very unhelpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing happens for me, Illustrator wont start no matter how many times I try it. What helps is to kill it in the Task Manager and then start it again.

It does not work if I go into Task Manager and stop it in PRocesses, I have to hit end task in the Details tab, there are sometimes two instances open at the same time.

Hope this helps you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm in exactly the same situation as you (apart from the fact that the previous versions work for me). I tested a whole bunch of things like changing launch compatibility, cleaning cache, clearing preferences, uninstall / reinstall, update the GPU's driver,  ect. but the issue remains the same: the Illustrator process actually starts but nothing happens and at no time does Adobe offer me the safe mode option.

And impossible to find real solutions on internet
, please someone help us! :'(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I contacted Adobe directly (I had to wait 45min for the chat session but it
solved the issue). This has never happened to me before ( as in software
issues )but this has worked for me . I have antivirus software installed,
even though there is nothing listed as blocked or unblocked the software
was blocking illustrator from starting, illustrator only! - unbelievable
huh? I added the adobe file ( find the drive and folder it is in ) and
added the whole adobe folder to the "Exception list" under the security
section , obviously the settings depend on what security software you are
running . This solved my issue, I hope this assists you, otherwise go to
the chat session under contact us on their website.
Good luck... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it worked for you but it's not working for me. I've spend the last hour looking for a solution and tried every suggested one, in few different posts. It did not work. The fact this issue is not fixed after a year (the oldest posts are from January 2021) is mind boggling. No it's not the antivirus, No it's not the Roaming App Data folder. Can you fix it Adobe? 3 days to finish up a project and this comes up .... Wasted money

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and contact Customer Care: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

They can login to your system to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Customer service it the worst at adobe most of them do not have any answers!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a public forum. 95% of participants are not even staff. We try to help people in our spare time. Generally Illustrator is running on Windows (otherwise ther would be an uproar you would have heard of), so if it doesn't work for a specific person, this is caused by their computer and/or system. Those things can best be found out by someone looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have this problem! Nothing works, fix it Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines