Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator 22.1 crashes on quit

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Every time I close illustrator the application stops responding and I have to close through the task manager. I've already tried to delete preferences and install the application again. The problem occurred after upgrading Windows 10 to April update 2018.
My configuration
Windows 10 1803 (build 17134.1)
Illustrator 22.1
Creative Cloud 4.5.0.331

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Hi, I solved the problem by uninstalling the "Cineware" plugin which was incompatible with last windows 10 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Illustrator Team,

I do not understand why I do not get any response from you through the support channels for this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you uninstalled did you use the uninstall option found in the Creative Cloud Desktop app (click on the "V" to the right of the app's name in the app section to access "uninstall")? Before reinstalling did you use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems ? After reinstalling with the desktop app trash the preferences again to assure a clean install.

Also try deleting the OOBE file:

On Windows 7 and above the caches files are hidden. To find them go to the Control Panel and open Folder Options and then click the View tab. Then select “Show hidden files and folders” or “Show hidden files, folders or drive options” in Advanced Settings. Then delete (or rename) the folder at the end of this path: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE.\opm.db.

After deleting this file you will have to sign in again to your Creative Cloud account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Bill, thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately I have already followed these procedures without any results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on a Mac. I posted this on Bugreports.

Illustrator 22.1 crashes on quit. (Mac OS X 10.11.6 on MacBook Pro i7 Late 2011) – Adobe Illustrator...

There is no workaround for me. I even trashed and reinstalled - no solution for the problem.

Only thing I can do is to go on with Illustrator 22.0.1 and avoid 22.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk

for me, going back to the previous version of illustrator did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crash on quit often happens when user privileges are not correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for the hint, Monika. How can we check and fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I would try the operating system's tools. Don't know what those would be on Windows.

The Preferences folder needs to have prvileges for reading as well as writing.

On every start Illustrator reads the preferences file. On every shutdown it writes the preferences file. So the account you are logged into needs the according privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, as I stated, I'm on a Mac.

Those shutdown issues don't happen with Illustrator 22.0.1, so I won't share your opinion, Monika.

If it was a general read/write problem, it should affect all Adobe applications.

Am I wrong?

All is fine until I update Illustrator to Version 22.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dirk+Klotz  schrieb

Well, as I stated, I'm on a Mac.

That's why it doesn't make sense to post your issue in only slightly related threads 🙂

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dirk+Klotz  schrieb

If it was a general read/write problem, it should affect all Adobe applications.

Every app (and every version of every app) has its own preferences folder. Each of these folders can have different privileges settings.

And as I said: "often". The process to find the cause of the issue is always to ge through the options one after the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well, I didn't realize this thread is only "slightly" related to the issue. Sorry for that and thank you for your instruction...

I thought this here was about Illustrator.

However, I'm sick of looking for solutions for problems that shouldn't occure just because I make an update to an existing and well-working application. It breaks up my production processes and keeps me from concentrating on my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your system doesn't math that of the thread opener then create your own thread. Otherwise it's impossible to discuss (as you have experienced). The cause of issues might vary depending on the system.

This is a public forum with 95% of participants not being Adobe staff. We're doing this in our spare time. Staff is marked as such.

If you want individual assistance: Contact Customer Care

You need to be logged in and then the chat options is at the bottom of the page. They can log in to your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh well. I tried to Contact Customer Care several times now, but it always leads me back to here.

There is no option for me to open a chat, unfortunately. As soon as I select "Troubleshoot", the only option to get help is this forum.

Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have alerted staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dirk,

I have sent you a personal message please check and reply.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I solved the problem by uninstalling the "Cineware" plugin which was incompatible with last windows 10 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Francesco,

Thanks for sharing this. I will help others too.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As always, it is supremely disappointing how little (well, it's more like zero) help we get from Adobe when problems like these pop up.

The big promise / lie when presenting Creative Cloud as software-as-a-service was that, yes we would be forced to pay for each upgrade, but customer service and bug fixes would be soooooo much better in the future. The "thanks-we'll-take-your-money-now" part was executed perfectly. Customer service and code quality however...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Thomas+Vanden+Abeele  schrieb

As always, it is supremely disappointing how little (well, it's more like zero) help we get from Adobe when problems like these pop up.

The big promise / lie when presenting Creative Cloud as software-as-a-service was that, yes we would be forced to pay for each upgrade, but customer service and bug fixes would be soooooo much better in the future. The "thanks-we'll-take-your-money-now" part was executed perfectly. Customer service and code quality however...

Please contact Customer Care via: Contact Customer Care

You need to be logged in and at the bottom of the page there is a chat option. They can log into your system to check things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

First of all, we are very sorry for this frustrating experience. We are always here for your help, however, this is a user forum. If you need help directly from Adobe you are always welcome to contact us at this page Contact Customer Care.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The very same thing still happens with AI 2021. So, it's better not to install that plugin!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines