• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2014 running EXTREMELY slow on brand new 6 Core Mac Pro with 64Gbs of Ram. This can't be right :(

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've just picked up a brand new 6 core Mac Pro and I am having some serious lag issues with Illustrator CC 2014. I am just trying to select relatively simple objects (an illustration of the side of a coin) and there is a massive delay between when I click on an object and when it actually becomes selected.

Someone please tell me they know how to fix this? Please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

My company recently "upgraded" my OS to Windows 8.1. (from a pre-Windows 8 OS) and I am now experiencing terrible performance when using Illustrator CC 2014. (2014.1.0 release   -   18.1.0 (64 bit)). Most problematic is that every 5-10 seconds the entire screen goes black (not responding) for 3 seconds. I had a similar problem with Illustrator CS a year or so ago - I solved that problem by turning off auto-updating linked files. So, I'm suspicious that this problem also has something to do with

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same thing, especially with multiple objects on the artboard (there seems to be a relationship between number of control points/objects and lag). Never had this problem on previous versions.

Ver 2014.1.0 Release

OSX 10.9.5

2.4 GHz intel core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz

Macbook Pro 15"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please email your contact details on sharewithai@adobe.om . We would like to investigate the issue. Are you also using any third party plug-ins?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing this too on a similar machine to HamishMash above.  Lots of delay and rainbow wheel spinning...

Has anyone resolved this?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2015 Jan 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been researched/resolved yet? I recently updated Illustrator and I am experiencing a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing yet. REEEEALLLY frustrating..

<http://www.proctorproductions.com>

Cody Day | Designer

p - 303.572.1149

proctorproductions.com

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Proctor-Productions/336380906591?sk=wall>

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/proctordenver/>

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Typogiraffic <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks, because I just watched my computer rainbow wheel for five minutes just to drag a group of vector objects across the artboard. Everything else runs just fine, but this last update just killed the functionality of Illustrator on my machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling CC settings Syncing... IF you have that on

Cody Day | Designer

p - 303.572.1149

proctorproductions.com

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Typogiraffic <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running with the Navigator panel open? Try turning it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the navigator panel open. I turned turn off the CC settings sync and it seemed to make a little difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. Thanks for reporting back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same experience. Syncing sped it up a little bit, but still

nowhere near CS6.

Cody Day | Designer

p - 303.572.1149

proctorproductions.com

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Larry G. Schneider <

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What monitors do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling the Sync Settings in InDesign worked for me.

Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 6.40.59 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-28 at 6.41.12 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i disabled synch in all my adobe apps but same hang in Illi ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, wrong thread. I have an Indesign speed issue ..

But - disabling GPU

in Illustrator helped me with the speed issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2015 Feb 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, extremely slow performance zoom lag is about 3 sec, on Illustrator CC 2014 and Indesign CC 2014,

My Hardware Specs: Imac Retina with i7, 16GB Ram and AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB

Funny part also I have an old i3 Cpu Laptop with integrated graphics card and it is working flawlessly with CS5.5

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i got a similar experience

CS works flawlessly

illustrator went crazy in all CC version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - was this resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi we have a Core i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, AMD Radeon HD 8490 with 1GB on board RAM, have been through the Adobe trouble shooting guide and still Illustrator CC2014.1 is painfully slow, this to me is unusable. Adobe will not respond to phone calls. Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry, I’ve had nothing back from Adobe either. If I’m honest my issues were present in one particular file and haven’t been replicated in others so far. I think it was related to effects and drop shadow in particular. I haven’t worked on that job for a while but will be going back to it soon so I’ll let everyone know what happens.

I’ve no idea if this reply is going to appear on the forum or not as when I checked back in there recently I couldn’t reply to posts but may not have been logged in.

Cheers,

Damian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2014 Dec 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company recently "upgraded" my OS to Windows 8.1. (from a pre-Windows 8 OS) and I am now experiencing terrible performance when using Illustrator CC 2014. (2014.1.0 release   -   18.1.0 (64 bit)). Most problematic is that every 5-10 seconds the entire screen goes black (not responding) for 3 seconds. I had a similar problem with Illustrator CS a year or so ago - I solved that problem by turning off auto-updating linked files. So, I'm suspicious that this problem also has something to do with Illustrator accessing the server but in this case I don't know what is initiating the server access.

Another colleague of mine using Windows 8 downgraded from "Illustrator CC 2014" to "Illustrator CC" and no longer has the (not responding) hic-up problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2014 Dec 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried installing Illustrator CC and this did not solve my problem.

PROBLEM: Every 5-10 seconds Illustrator pauses for 3 seconds  - "not responding" and sometimes the screen even goes black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, please checkout my post concerning lagging issues.
I've also provided a link to a video I've recorded showing the Illustrator behavior on my iMac 27"

Adobe Illustrator Cs6 Lagging Extremely Slow on Yosemite 27" iMac i7 late 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2015 Jan 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue as Original Poster. On the exact same machine.

Illustrator freezes on most saves, and may times fully crashes. When there is a successful save it takes eons longer than ever before.
Even very small simple files behave as though they have gigs of embedded images.

About every third command results in the spinning wheel of death..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines