• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2018 in macOS High Sierra Save 'Adobe PDF' presets/.joboptions scrambled, unsorted, mixed up

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2018 Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the Illustrator CC got updated to 2018 in macOS High Sierra, whenever saving as Adobe PDF, the PDF print settings/job options got all scrambled/mixed up in the 'Save Adobe PDF' dialog. See example:

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 18.09.16.png

These should be sorted alphabetically, but as you can see they're all mixed up. A couple of colleagues are also experiencing this. Is there any way to workaround/fix this issue? See related thread from InDesign - could a startup JSX fix this issue?

Sort (or rearrange) Print Presets

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Hi Srishti,

I've already reached out to the support team and they indeed confirmed it's a bug with Illustraror in High Sierra.

Illustrator CC 2018 in macOS High Sierra Save 'Adobe PDF' presets/.joboptions scrambled, unsorted, mixed up – Adobe Illu…

Hopefully will be fixed for an upcoming update.

Thanks,

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guido,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. I would suggest you to try resetting preferences and then check again: How to set preferences in Illustrator

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

I've already reached out to the support team and they indeed confirmed it's a bug with Illustraror in High Sierra.

Illustrator CC 2018 in macOS High Sierra Save 'Adobe PDF' presets/.joboptions scrambled, unsorted, m...

Hopefully will be fixed for an upcoming update.

Thanks,

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guido,

Thanks for sharing this link.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still exists with Illustrator 23.0.1 in Mojave. I have exported each setting separately and then reimported again. The order gets mixed up as it's being imported. Can you confirm it will be fixed in the next update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with Illustrator 23.0.1 and Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, the PDF Presets list is now unsorted which makes difficult to locate the right preset in a long list.

I think the custom presets were alphabetically sorted in AI 22.

I've not found a way to fix this, even by recreating the presets one by one in the desired order… still mixed up.

Very annoying bug, some Adobe support please, fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the issue. Please upvote the UserVoice link shared by Guido. This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines