Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2019 RAM Crash

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running MAC OS Mojave 10.14

After a short while working on simple Illustrator files Illustrator will display a message saying it runs out of RAM. This should not happen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

We are working please visit our UserVoice page for the update and a temporary fix while we patch

New update (v23) crashes Illustrator consistently with Can't finish previewing or enough memory (RAM) – Adobe Illustrato…

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue since 2019 update. It will happen with the simplest file and nothing else open.

Running on 10.13.6 High Sierra w/ 32gb of ram. Needless to say, it's not out of memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the same problem with Illustrator CC2019 but Windows version. Illustrator reported Out of memory, but W10 shows 16,6GB of RAM free. But I opened 10 small files. In CC2018 I opened 30-40 files without any problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated... I am crashing 10-20 times a day.... AAAAHHHH! Waiting to hear of a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh! Me too!  Only since the 2019 update, very simple Illustrator files.  How can we fix this???   Running on 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7.  32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Turning OFF the "GPU Performance" on Preferences solved here until now.

Waiting for a patch...

(running on Windows 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did nothing for me on macOS 10.14 Mojave. In fact it's even worse today for whatever reason. I can't even open a blank file. It glitches out so bad that even moving panels or the document itself is laggy. All menu items are grayed out so I can't even quit, have to force quit out.

This needs to be fixed immediately, I can't work.

I'm reverting back to previous version for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This definitely doesn't work as a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me (for now) on MacOS Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad, folks....

Still crashing with "gpu Performance" off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to disable it? Sorry, I am using Czech version

But:

Number of Displays: 2

Number of Drivers: 1

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

ActiveDriverIndex: 0

Driver[0] Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

Driver[0] Driver Version: 24.21.13.9836

Driver[0] Driver Date: 20180624000000.000000-000

Driver[0] Adapter RAM: 2048

Driver[0] PNP DeviceID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1401&SUBSYS_29663842&REV_A1\4&2581174D&0&0008

Driver[0] Installed Display Drivers: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll,C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_485c1c3102021986\nvldumdx.dll

DefaultEnableGPU: 1             <=======================

Is GPU enabled by default? And if yes, how to switch it off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience and disappointment the issue has caused.  Please add vote on UserVoice to get update on this issue

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/35728720-new-update-v23...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with Illustrator 2019 CC...crasht and massage "not enough RAM"...this is not possible...I have a MAC with 64 RAM.....I have never had any problems ... from version 2019 always problems with Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop

InDesign 2019 CC....If I start InDesign I have always error message "AIGPUSniffer has stopped unexpectedly"...Why start this application together with InDesign?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are working please visit our UserVoice page for the update and a temporary fix while we patch

New update (v23) crashes Illustrator consistently with Can't finish previewing or enough memory (RAM...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines