• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2020 being glitchy & slow on Windows 10

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Illustrator CC 2020. Each time I open Illustrator and use any of the tools, it becomes automatically slow and glitchy. It barely allows me to move text or artboards. I have tried restarting my computer and fixing the Performance in the program's settings. I do not have the GPU Performance turned on.

My Operating System is Windows 10 Version 1903. I'm using a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0xxx, with the Intel processor i7 and 16GB RAM. My system type is 64-bit.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Hi Sabrina,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please update Illustrator, OS, and GPU to the latest version and see if that is improving the performance. You do not need to turn off the GPU performance.

If you still have performance issues, try creating a new user account on the machine and see if it helps. Please follow instructions on help article https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-account to know how to create new user on Windo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabrina,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please update Illustrator, OS, and GPU to the latest version and see if that is improving the performance. You do not need to turn off the GPU performance.

If you still have performance issues, try creating a new user account on the machine and see if it helps. Please follow instructions on help article https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc... to know how to create new user on Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me get this straight. Are we supposed to log into the local admin account to get Illustrator work correctly?

Working from home I'm working through a VPN I have a large file that takes a half an hour to open. Every action I take once any file is open on my local drive or through the network take 30 to 240 seconds to execute. the mouse takes 5-20 seconds to catch up. So often I'll make an edit or try to use the menu and Illustrator just sits there for minutes with a black screenScreenshot 2020-11-18 105758.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

without a spinning circle or any indication that it's working. All my other suite applications work fine through the network. I have always chalked it up to large files, but it is every file local or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My computer

Screenshot 2020-11-18 110454.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines