• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator changed keyboard shortcuts?

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just opened up illustrator and went to work on a document and I am used to being able to hold down the space bar and then drag on the mouse and it would automatically bring up the hand tool to move around the artboard, and also do something similar where I would hold down  space and command at the same time and it would do zoom in when i used the mouse. 

Those shortcuts are now gone. Anyone else experience something like this or know the solution on how to fix it? 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Something else is most likely interfering. Acouple of applications are known to do that, such as browsers, antivirus, screensharing, e-mail, banking software .... the list is endless.

Try and restart, launch only Illustrator and then also check the processes running on your computer.

And of course: broken keyboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something else is most likely interfering. Acouple of applications are known to do that, such as browsers, antivirus, screensharing, e-mail, banking software .... the list is endless.

Try and restart, launch only Illustrator and then also check the processes running on your computer.

And of course: broken keyboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I agree with Monika. Please try suggestions given by her. Additionally, you may try resetting the preferences of the app as well. Please follow this help article to do that.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines