• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Crashes in Pattern tool

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all! I am attepmting to create a half drop pattern in the pattern tool. I Have a Sureface Pro 6 and I am on Illustrator 2021. I have had problems before with the pattern tool, but thought it was related to my motifs being too large. This time I exported them as PNGS before  creating the pattern. However, it crashes every time I open the tool. I've read through some of the other posts here, and have reset my prefrences, opened a new file, and everything else I could think to do. When I do get the pattern to work, all I have time to do is change the grid to hald drop column. It is also not letting me rearrange the motifs once in the pattern tool. (Oh and I've tried using less motifs and copy and pasting in, but no matter what it freezes. If any one has any suggestions, I'll gladly take them! I've been attempting to design it the manual way, but it's not quite laying out correctly. 

Please and thank you!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM do you have in your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to google, 8 GB,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking up your installed RAM on Google?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the crashes. Please make sure you have Windows 10 & GPU driver updated to the latest version. You may also check if your machine meets the system requirements for the Adobe Illustrator. If you're working on large files, you need to have the recommended setup.

In order to check the system information of your Windows 10 machine, please open Settings > System > About.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines