• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator CS4 plugin problem after upgrade to OS X Yosemite

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgrade my OS X Maverick to Yosemite, and found my adobe illustrator CS4 got error while i open it.

it shown missing plugin of  photoshopimport.aip....

Anyone know how to solve this problem??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and can't link or place .psd files. Have been waiting all day for some solution so I don't have to flatten every link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i guess gonna reformat my mac & downgrade to Maverick.... and reinstall my adobe again .... sigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any right answer from anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the post above your's. Best anyone's come up with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2016 Feb 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wooow!!! thanks guy! this work perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

muhmuf, marynpaolo,

You may wish to roll back from Yosemite and wait to see whether the issues will be solved and reported as such.

Weeding out in older plugins seems to have helped some in some cases. It also seems that JAVA Runtime may be involved, for some it seems to help to roll back to an ealier version, for others to update to the newest.

All the above is more or less hearsay so far, with no definite final confirmation.

In any case, there is something to be sorted out by someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response - I appreciate the input. I thought about reinstalling back to Mavericks, but I'll wait it out a little. So far it's just one glitch that I'm sure will be fixed and for now I can still work around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are not the only in waiting, can't place psds, tiffs, and the font preview already disappear

Captura de pantalla 2014-10-20 a las 14.27.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meanwhile we can work with eps files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues. I followed these steps and it restored the font displays: Adobe Illustrator CS5 Font Menu Display Fix in OSX Yosemite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

people at my office are having the same issue. but not with the export plugin just the import.

i'm baffled that they didn't learn their lesson when mavericks came out. but anyway, a solution would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem, upgraded to Yosemite last night.. others in my office said 10.10 had sorted various performance problems and CS4 would be fine

half way through a fairly large job, I've got loads of PSD files linked to AI artboards,

Desperately need an answer to this problem quick

I really can't afford to upgrade to CC, been very happy with CS4, but now up the creek.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also me i have the same problem, i'm waiting some answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2014 Oct 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stuck!! I've upgraded to Yosemite and discovered I can no longer place PSD into Illustrator (CS4 or CS5). Illustrator no longer accepts the PSD format. Is Adobe the location to find a fix, or Apple? I'm in the middle of a project. Formerly place graphics in my Illustrator doc work fine, I just can't place any more. HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will Adobe provide us an update to fix these problems for CS4 or are they letting them be so we have to upgrade to CC and pay a monthly fee?  Seems suspicious to me that with a well-known issue there isn't a resolve by now.

Do Adobe staff or technical support provide answers on these forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here and font names are invisible in font menu until highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too!

so frustrating!

need to revise a client's file and cannot access links!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator simply crashed. Re-installed it and it's even worse. Simply fed up, don't know what to do! I need to keep photoshop running so that illustrator starts up (at least). This is screwed up. And from all my searches, adobe is absolutely (and conveniently so) quiet about cs4's compatibility with yosemite. Why did I upgrade!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've known for awhile that I would need to switch to something that makes more sense than an "easy monthly payment plan".

I wish Adobe was not abel to kill freehand but they did. Now there are others that would love to have a chunk of Adobe's vector art business. I for one can't wait to give it to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think we can say absolutely that if CS4 needs changing that Adobe will not fix it. Support for new operating systems is one the key reasons that drives upgrades in the software industry, so rather than being unhappy that CS4 or CS5 (or older) doesn't work, they will be delighted. What are all these crazy people doing upgrading without checking? Some of them don't even have backups!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uuse time machine and go back.  May lose a few days work like me but I can recover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use time machine.  Go back a few days.  I lost a week but can recover. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines