• ํ•œ๊ตญ ์ปค๋ฎค๋‹ˆํ‹ฐ
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

illustrator CS4 plugin problem after upgrade to OS X Yosemite

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgrade my OS X Maverick to Yosemite, and found my adobe illustrator CS4 got error while i open it.

it shown missing plugin of  photoshopimport.aip....

Anyone know how to solve this problem??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Nov 29, 2014 Nov 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue as originally stated. I'm on OS X Yosemite 10.10 and Illustrator won't open. I tried to open Photoshop first and then Illustrator without luck.  I do believe this is an Apple Issue and as I read the forum, there is no successful outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All

I found this answer to the problem elsewhere on the Adobe Forums. This worked for me:

> I had the same problem.  Frustrating right?  Here's what worked for me.

> Find a file .pdf on your computer, preferably one created on adobe illustator.  Click on it whilst holding down the 'control key'. The options menu should come up saying 'Open with'.

> Scroll to there and open with Adobe Illustrator.

> You may still have the missing plugin warning.  Click 'okay', and it will ignore it (before it just froze, right?) Then Illustrator will open as normal.

> I hope this works for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue most of us are having is not being able to import a .psd file in to a .ai doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening Photoshop first and then Illustrator? Some people have reported success with this method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that didn't help. I tried to reinstall CS 4 and now it crashes when I try to print from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2015 Mar 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in - I am experiencing the same problem.

Launching Photoshop first is the only way for get Illustrator working on.

(Mac OS 10.10.2 with CS4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2015 Mar 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have just been stung by this issue. Adobe, please create an update to allow Illustrator CS4 to work again with MacOS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2015 Jun 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have found a "partial solution" to this problem.

First, update your legacy Java 6 on your mac.

Java Archive Downloads - Java SE 6

This may get rid of the plugin problem "for a season."

What I must do now, and I admit it is painfully annoying, is open Photoshop first, then while Photoshop is open, I open up Illustrator.

The same plug-in problem appears, but now it is "click-able" and you can use illustrator as normal. - Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

โ€ŒThere is a fix here:

Release Yosemite AICS4 Fix ยท ralvarezt/aics4_yosemite_fix ยท GitHub

I've tried it and it seems to work. Here's what I did:

1) Installed OS 10.11 Beta on a partition of an external drive (I decided to try El Capitan Beta instead of Yosemite, since by the time I buy new hardware El Capitan will be released).

2) Booted into OS 10.11 and installed CS4 Photoshop, Illustrator, and all support files and recommended applications.

3) Installed Java for OS X 2015-001(if you start Illustrator without this, you will get a prompt and link to the file on apple.com)

4) Ran Yosemite AICS4 Fix.mpkg

5) Apple>System Preferences>Accessibility>Display>ReduceTransparency (fixes the font menus, so that you can see the font names and previews)

6) Opened Illustrator and Photoshop with no problem.

7) Created eight test files in Photoshop (all possible combinations of CMYK and RGB, layered and flat, TIFF and PSD), imported them into an Illustrator file, and saved. They all worked.

Many thanks to Raรบl รlvarez and Benjamin Fleisher. No bucks for Adobe CC.

For more, including an explanation from the author, see: Illustrator CS4 crash with Mac OS X.10 Yosemite (scroll down to July 7, 2015 post)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Joe!  This was the fix I needed after trying other recommendations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The fix certainly works. I had CS4 trouble even with Mavericks.

FINALLY:

I reloaded the Mavericks OS on a spare drive.

Then I reloaded CS4 Master Collection AND

the fix "Yosemite AICS4 Fix.mpkg" (from "aics4_yosemite_fix-master.zip" download aics4_yosemite_fix/Yosemite AICS4 Fix.mpkg at master ยท ralvarezt/aics4_yosemite_fix ยท GitHub)

I then used CarbonCopyCloner but selectively and

(1)did not bring over any CS4 applications

(2)did not bring over any of Adobe ApplicationsSupport in LIBRARY and any of the SYSTEM from my operating disk.

(3)I did bring over my COMPLETE User File.

(4)But, I'd missed something and the computer wouldn't start up. I have a thumb drive of Mavericks so, I reloaded the OS. It started up and everything works perfectly!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines