• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Exporting Blurry PNG HELP!

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues exporting my Illustrator files into .png. No matter how high the resolution is set to, the exported image still turns out blurry. Adobe support was no help, they basically gave up because they had no idea what to do. They deleted all Adobe programs off of my computer and tried reinstalling and it did not help as well as some other troubleshooting steps. My exported pdfs look clear. I have also tried exporting other files to see if the one I am working on is messed up, yet they all still export blurry. My file is just a standard business card in the standard size.

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixels files (PNg, jpg, gif ,.. ) are different from vector file (pdf, svg, ) , PNG files look great at actual size with zoom 100% ,

are you Zooming in to more  than 100% when viewing the Png in your picture viewer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the similar problem, but I dont zoom the photos.

I did  not have this problem with Illustrator CC 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schrieb

I have the similar problem, but I dont zoom the photos.

I did  not have this problem with Illustrator CC 2016.

Please show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Vector Art from Illustrator to size 160 x 48The Vector Art from Illustrator to size 160 x 48The png is on a transparent background but fuzzyThe png is on a transparent background but fuzzy

The image on black is just to show how the file should look when placed on the website.  Beneath is the logo in PNG that is fuzzy.  It is a small file but I can't export with the crispness of above.  Help please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

160 x 48 pixels? You can be lucky if you can read something on that. There just aren't enough pixels in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly the problem . would it appear as a high resolution work after I send it to someone else ? It is a problem in the graphic card ? I'm looking forward  to read your answer 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a PNG desn't look good on your computer, it won't look any better on someone else's computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

could you provide me with suggestions to try to fix this issue ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please embed some images into your meesage to show us what the PNG and the original AI files look like please. Also, give us more info about the settings you are using and what you want to use the PNG for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how it looks as a pdfhow it looks as a pdfhow it is supposed to look when on a black websitehow it is supposed to look when on a black website

Angie - any guidance would be useful. The company we're submitting the artwork to will only take a PNG.  This was created in Illustrator.  The PNG can only be 160 x 48 px.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

meant PNG - not PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try View > Pixel Preview in Illustrator?

That should give you a good idea of the export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem and tried Pixel Preview... which came out pretty bad so I'm assuming this is why my exports are still blurry. What's the right fix to correct this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hangtime,

A very common unsuitable way is to Export to PNG (remember to use PNG24 and use Transparency for artwork to be in front of different backgrounds) with a medium or high resolution, such as 300PPI.

To retain the clean and crisp artwork, a PNG must be created at exactly the pixel x pixel size that it is to be used for (or second best at sizes that are powers of 2 times as large).

Therefore, the safest way is to create the artwork at the final pixel x pixel size and use a corresponding Artboard, then either use the Legacity Save for Web (where you can look in the Image Size window for size confirmation) or Export at 72PPI. In either case, use the relevant optimization (available with both ways); it is also convenient to have 72PPI in the Effect>Document Raster Effect  Settings.

If you have pure vector artwork, you can relax a bit and have the artwork/Artboard at any size (the Artboard must have the same proportions as the final image), then use the Legacity Save for Web and set either Width or Height in the Image Size and Apply (make sure the other value is also correct).

The high resolution mentioned at the top here is only muddling the image.

The Legacy Save for Web may be an old carthorse, but it knows its way home, even if the driver is drunk and sleeping it off in the hay in the back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am having this issue as well where everything I export no matter what settings I use, or what I do. The image is not crisp. I've always had this problem when exporting vectors I created in Illustrator, as both PNG and JPEG. I've always used Macs, and I've always used the latest versions of Adobe Illustrator. I am gettin quite frustrated with this, it's been a year of me trying to figure this out. I've done everything that you've listed above, and my images are still exporting blurry. PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A JPEG or PNG is a raster file, not a vector file. Don't expect the crispness you see inside Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you found a solution to get a crisp export for web?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this same problem. No matter what I do if I try to create a .png from Illustrator it always comes out blurry. However I found a solution (this option works for me):

For web:

Open the .eps version of the file into Photoshop (and change size/dpi on import). Then use the "Quick Export to .png option" from Photoshop. The .png is now clear, perfect for web. 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this didn't work for me, still blurry edges. Is there another file format that would have a transparent background and retain vector crisp edges?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SVG may be an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking it's a product of an outdated software version. Nothing more and nothing less.

I just started having the same issue and it's all I can think of in terms of why. Have you all checked your software versions to make sure they're up to date?

I've been avoiding updating my Mac OS as I have an older machine but it seems at this point that in order to update to the current version of Illustrator, we're finally being forced to update Mac OS regardless. Here's to the impending doom of my machine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly! Thank you!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could kiss you! Thank you. This worked PERFECTLY for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done this and continue to only have unsuitable results.  The website requesting this will only accept a PNG.  Help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines