• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator keeps switching fonts back to Myriad Pro in mid-document-why, and how do I stop it?

Participant ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went out and bought some fonts on my own a few years ago-actually paid for them-but when I try to use them in the latest version of Illustrator, any carriage return will switch back to the default, Myriad Pro. This is pretty infuriating. How can I stop it for good?

TOPICS
Bug , Print and publish , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Set the font upin the Default character style of the document.

Use this document as a template or as a document profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the font upin the Default character style of the document.

Use this document as a template or as a document profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean set up the document in the default font (Myriad Pro), then use that document as a Template, in the AI sense of template, at 50% grey, behind the document I am working on in my preferred typeface? Unfortunately, that won't help because the font I want to use takes up about 2/3 the line height of Myriad. Meaning that 20 lines of my preferred face will end  about an inch shy of 20 lines of Myriad Pro. Not much of a template. Same as setting up the doc in Myriad, then using Arial Narrow in the new document. Moreover, Myriad never actually goes away. I can select Arial Narrow, type a line, hit return, and start typing again, and Arial Narrow is gone. Myriad Pro saw an opportunity at the carriage return and took it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am referring to AIT files. Please read the doumentation.

Have you tried to set the font you want in the Default character style?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zachary35074655trut  schrieb:

Can you explain your answer in plain english please? Can you provide the menus / panels you are accessing?

Are you addressing me?

Please describe your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2024 Jan 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So sorry that my crystal ball is currently in maintenance. So my answer can only be as good as the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the fonts you purchased OTF fonts, True Type or Postscript Type 1. If they are PS type 1, they are no longer usable in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines