• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator v25.3.1 on macOS v11.4 not responding while working on any files - Spinning Beach ball

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update reagradless of file i am working on, AI will stop responding or give me the beach ball and is taking for-e-ver to complete any tasks.  Please advise!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble and delayed response. Could you please share a few more details like:

• The version of macOS and Illustrator
  • Is this happening while working on a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System/ External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Are you using Time Machine? If yes, try turning it off and see if the issue gets resolved.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBig Sur V.11.4

Illustrator 2021 V. 25.3.1

Happens with all working docs both Illustrator and Photoshop.  Delays in everything like swithcing tools and simplest of tasks.  Almost unbarably long to accomplish the littlest of projects. 

Has been occuring for a few months.  Cannot pinpoint the date but it has been at least 3 months.  So existed prior to last update i believe. No other updates made. 

I have turned off time machine and reset prefs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to perform the steps shared in this post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...)  and share your observation with us.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines