Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator Very Slow When Using Text Tool

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!

Every time I am trying to highlight or change copy in the newly updated Illustrator cc 2019 I get the spinning beach ball of death! It is almost unusable. I have loads of space on my mac and am working on a very small file. What is going on with this update?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

****Resolved****

I contacted Adobe Customer Care directly as I was a bit nervous to give my details to somebody from the forum. Adobe remoted onto my computer and removed some fonts that were corrupted.

If you want to try this yourself here are the steps:

- Open Font Book

- Select All (cmd + A)

- File > Validate Fonts...

- Top left dropdown menu to 'Errors'

- Tick > Remove Ticked

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is speech recognition/dictation turned off in the system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think so, I've never used it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please take a look.

Apple likes to decide what's best for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Illustrator Preferences > Type can you also turn off the in-menu font preview and the Show Glyph alternates?

Can you also hide the control panel and the properties panel and see if that helps?

Which system is it?

Which hardware?

Do you have font management?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1

I don't use any font management. It doesn't seem to be a problem changing font, just when I'm trying to highlight or edit copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly. Same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rbhunwal​ will need your help to isolate the issue. please email him at the email address given earlier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Will it be possible for you to join a connect session so that I can isolate the issue further?

If yes, then please drop an email to me.

Thanks & Regards,

Raghuveer Singh

Illustrator Team

rbhunwal<AtTheRate>adobe<Dot>com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

****Resolved****

I contacted Adobe Customer Care directly as I was a bit nervous to give my details to somebody from the forum. Adobe remoted onto my computer and removed some fonts that were corrupted.

If you want to try this yourself here are the steps:

- Open Font Book

- Select All (cmd + A)

- File > Validate Fonts...

- Top left dropdown menu to 'Errors'

- Tick > Remove Ticked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and the solved answer didnt solve it for me. i did notice that when I use the Selection tool (black arrow) and double click on my text to make the cursor activated I get the beach ball with every flash of the cursor and everything i try to do.

When I use the Text tool to place the cursor or select text I dont get this problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Phynta  schrieb

I have the same problem and the solved answer didnt solve it for me. i did notice that when I use the Selection tool (black arrow) and double click on my text to make the cursor activated I get the beach ball with every flash of the cursor and everything i try to do.

When I use the Text tool to place the cursor or select text I dont get this problem...

Please contact Customer Care.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines