• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IllustratorGc.jsx script error while launching Illustrator 25.3

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated this morning to Illustrator 25.3 - as soon as the update was done this scripting error began appearing (every 30 seconds). .. Personally went back to 25.2.3 which has solved this issue. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 10.01.26 AM.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

We are investigating this issue and reached out to Logitech for permanent solution. Meanwhile users can try the below workaround.

Create a JSX file with the following content:

app.preferences.setBooleanPreference("ShowExternalJSXWarning", false);

Save the above JSX file. Now, go to File > Scripts > Other Script, and choose the newly saved jsx file.

This will suppress the warning dialog and run the script.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Hi all,

We hope the issue is resolved by now. If not, please update the logitech driver to latest version (9.40.75) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 187 Replies 187
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a read of this topic and see if any of the possible solutions help:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustratorgc-jsx-script-error-while-launching-illustrato...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. This error is caused by older version of Logitech software. In addition to the suggestions given earlier, please try the troubleshooting steps given on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/fix-scripting-error.html) & let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I keep getting the dialogue box in the screen shot attached. This happens (sometimes) when I switch tools with keyboard shortcuts and paste objects... it mostly seems to be random but always when I perform some action.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please read following thread that resolves the same issue

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustratorgc-jsx-script-error-while-launching-illustrato...

Let us know if it helps you.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the most recent update (25.3) I've been getting this alert message constantly, like about once a minute:

AI_error.png

Hitting "continue" or "cancel" does nothing. I've searched my Mac for existence of this script file and it's nowhere to be found. But it's knackering Illustrator for me. It's become unusable. Have uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same. Any help would be great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a read of this thread and see if updating Logi Options works out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep that seems to have sorted it. Thanks Doug

D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. I thought it had worked, but it's just started happening again. 

Dang.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have any Logitech devices installed, go to Logi Options, click top right All Applications and switch off Application Specific Settings.
This should fix the problem...did for me.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOR ANYONE STILL GETTING THIS PROBLEM...

Please refer to my previous post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustratorgc-jsx-script-error-while-launching-illustrato...

I updated to the last version of everything and had the error so had to disable application specific settings in Logi Options, which fixed it. Hopefully that will work for others in the same situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, problem still not fixed in 25.3.1

I was hopeful there for a second...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to 25.3.1 and latest Logi options and am still getting this error dialog constantly... this is very frustrating to try and get work done with. 

Adobe could you please acknowledge that you are still working on this? Your answer stickied to this page doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I tried the Beta Logitech Software... it worked! 
https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/software/logi-options-plus.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

Thanks for the help sofar. Sadly am I still getting the popup. I will provide screenshots of the version of both Logi Options and Illustrator. 

PLEASE someone help me. This is my fulltime job and i can't work like this. I don't know what to do anymore. Even when i turn my mouse of i get the popup. It haunts me.

Kind reragrds,

Mandema

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey man, I rolled back to the last version of Illustrator for now and I don't get the popup. I'm in the middle of a big sprint too and couldnt deal with this damn pop up. I swear, everytime they release a new version of Illustrator the program gets less and less stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot of where to go to rollback to older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...if you use any Logitech device...this is what's causing the problem.  So you're OK to update to the latest Illustrator.  Then open the Logitech app and top right where you can choose apps for functionality...click this off, so no apps have specific functions applied.  This will stop the pop-up.

The problem is you have to have Illustrator open and then open Logitech and do the above...and this applies everytime you open Illustrator which is a pain but at least it's working and the pop-up has stopped.

Hoping Logitech and Adobe are talking right now to fix this!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I did all of that and it didn't work. Which is why I had to roll back the version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd!!!
And you've reopened Logitech Options to make sure the Application Support is still off once Illustrator is open?

I did this when the message popped up again and it worked.  I clicked CANCEL and it's not appeared since.

I'm running an iMac from 2014...so not a new machine but using the latest OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK...if you use any Logitech device...this is what's causing the problem.  So you're OK to update to the latest Illustrator.  Then open the Logitech app and top right where you can choose apps for functionality...click this off, so no apps have specific functions applied.  This will stop the pop-up.

The problem is you have to have Illustrator open and then open Logitech and do the above...and this applies everytime you open Illustrator which is a pain but at least it's working and the pop-up has stopped.

Hoping Logitech and Adobe are talking right now to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling both Illustrator and Logi, then reinstall. I believe I did that prior to turning off the all-applications setting in Logi. Not sure this contributed to fixing the issue, but as far as troubleshooting goes, it's worth trying and doesn't take long to test . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the update I'm having this same issue to the point Illustrator is unusable. I can't move anything without the pop up happening. Adobe support keeps saying to update the Logi app, but that doesn't fix the issue. I haven't seen a solution yet to help this problem. 

I really hope this isn't another Adobe issue where they just pass the blame to another company. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On top of that, rolling back to the previous version erased all my workspace preference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help? How to stop this pop-up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines