• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imprecise drawing problems.

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using AI 2021. I am trying to make a repeat pattern. I created a 25mm square for the shape, and am moving objects within it. When I try to move an object precisely, using the move function and typing in 25mm, it moves the object about 26.5 instead. I've tried this several times with the same result. I need it to be 25mm, not another amount.

I've also noticed when I use the sizing box to create a rectangle, it always tweaks the desired size a bit. If I type, say, 100 X 50 mm, it makes it like 100.045 X 49.675, just slightly off. This is extremely annoying as I often work in scale, so sizing something 1000% with that kind of error makes a difference.

Finally, whenever I hit the S key to scale something, it automatically puts in some really strange random amounts. Like, -19.85%, or .01%. Really weird.

What is going on with Illustrator??

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if any of the Snap to options are on in the View menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seemed to do the trick! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the kind of things you'll see when the Use Preview Bounds preference is enabled.

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I unchecked this (I have no idea what that even means!).  I still get weird scale amounts when I try to scale things. This isn't a huge problem, it's just weird and kind of annoying.

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 10.44.46.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines