Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts in Illustrator stop working

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have seen questions about this but the solutions posted have not helped.

On a Macbook Pro, latest release of Illustrator, and the problem persists.

After having the program active for a period of time, the shortcuts that I have uses for as long as I can remember, Zoom in and out, Spacebar - hand tool. just quit. I have to restart my whole computer.

I hoped the new update would solve this as it is quite the bug. But no.

Let's go Adobe.

Regards

Ric

TOPICS
Draw and design , Performance , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried to reset Adobe Illustrator preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your answer. I have, and it solves the problem, but creates another one. I then have to set all the preferences back to how I want them. It is a neverending circle 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the downside, unfortunately. The important thing that the biggest problem has been solved 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, now it happens in Indesign as well.

These shortcuts have been around since the start, I started with Illustrator 1 and Photoshop 2 (I think).
These frustrations started when the subscription plan started and releases were made mor frequently. So as an avid user, these faults are frustrating and more annoying then anything before.

With that said, I do put it in perspective and just want to reach out about the issue. Far more worse things happening in the world then this 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2021 Mar 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. Could you please confirm when did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

I would suggest if you could try these steps ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu... ) and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines