Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts not working when using Wacom

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue

Since updating my my MacBook, pretty much all the key bindings I use have stopped working while using my Wacom.

For example I can't use Shift to resize proportionally any more. Alt+click and drag to make a duplicate does not work anymore either.
It works when I use the touchpad on my Macbook but not when I am using my Wacom.

I know that I had this issue a couple of years ago as well and it was fixed by reversing my driver version of Wacom.

Is there any other solution than that?

My setup with drivers and versions.

Mac OSX (Mojave 10.14.5),
Adobe Illustrator CC(23.0.4)
Wacom Intuous Pro (6.3.34-2)

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

This is what I got from when I called Wacom Tech Support, hope it helps:

Thank you for contacting Wacom Customer Support. I am sorry that you are having this inconvenience with your tablet. I will be happy to help you. Like we talked, this could be due to some driver or preference file that is outdated or corrupt and it needs to be removed. Please follow the steps outlined below in order to completely remove the current driver and install the latest recommended driver:

First, disconnect the tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue. Some key shortcuts work, for example, space for the hand tool, while others do not, for example option for zoom out, as well as the problems OP mentioned. All keyboard shortcuts work with my Apple wireless mouse.

I only just now started experiencing this issue, even though my driver was updated earlier today. It began when my tablet stopped recognizing my stylus (though it did recognize my touch). I had to restart my computer, and then I started having this issue with Adobe software.

I am experiencing these issues across Illustrator CC (23.0.4), Indesign CC (14.0.2), and Photoshop CC (20.0.4). I am also running Mac OSX (Mojave 10.14.5) and Wacom Intuos Pro (6.3.34-2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After downloading and installing the driver again, i had to give permissions in the "security and privacy/ accesibility" (System Preferences) then i reset the computer and everuthing started working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to give permissions as well, but unfortunately the issue is still persisting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted Wacom technical support? That's where you should go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was resolved by downgrading to Wacom driver 6.3.18-4

Make sure to completely uninstall and remove the Wacom drive before installing the older version. Follow the same uninstall instructions posted by @freshnsteezy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the oldest version of the driver my system would run (first one first one from 2015) and I’m still having this issue. I think cs6 just doesn’t work with any newer drivers, and I can’t get drivers from 2014 to install anymore. I never should have updated!!!

are there other fixes??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I got from when I called Wacom Tech Support, hope it helps:

Thank you for contacting Wacom Customer Support. I am sorry that you are having this inconvenience with your tablet. I will be happy to help you. Like we talked, this could be due to some driver or preference file that is outdated or corrupt and it needs to be removed. Please follow the steps outlined below in order to completely remove the current driver and install the latest recommended driver:

First, disconnect the tablet from the computer.

Next, open Finder, then click on Go (at the top of the screen near the Apple menu,) and go to Applications. Locate any Wacom Tablet folder and open the Wacom Tablet Utility in it. Using this utility, please remove all user's preferences and uninstall the driver. (If uninstall is not available, click on the lock icon on the bottom of the window to enable this option. Make sure to create a back up of your preferences first if necessary.)

Restart the computer.

After removing the driver with the utility, please manually check if anything was left behind. Please open Finder, click on Go, and then click on Computer. Once there, please access your main hard drive (by default should be named Macintosh HD) and check if anything is left behind in the folders listed below, delete only the files listed if present:

In Macintosh HD:

Applications/Wacom Tablet

Library/Application Support/Tablet

Library/Frameworks/WacomMultiTouch.framework

Library/Internet Plugins/WacomTabletPlugin.plugin

Library/Launch Agents/com.wacom.wacomtablet.plist

Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wacom.displayhelper.plist

Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wacom.RemoveTabletHelpter.plist

Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wacom.TabletHelper.plist

Library/PreferencePanes/WacomTablet.prefpane

Library/Preferences/Tablet

Library/PriveledgedHelperTools/com.wacom.RemoveTabletHelper

Library/PriveledgedHelperTools/com.wacom.TabletHelper

The same will have to be checked in any respective User’s folder on the system. On OS X 10.7 Lion or later, the User Library folder has been hidden. To access it, you must select 'Go' from the top of Finder and select 'Go to folder...’. Here, enter ~/Library  to access the current user's Library folder. Please check for Wacom related files in the Preferences folder and remove them if present:

Users/<your user>/Library/Preferences/com.wacom.ProfessionalTablet.plist

Users/<your user>/Library/Preferences/com.wacom.wacomtablet.prefs

Users/<your user>/Library/Preferences/com.wacom.wacomtouch.prefs

After this is complete then there should not be any leftover files of a previous Wacom driver file.

Restart the computer. When it comes back on, open Finder, go to Applications and then Utilities. Please use the First Aid tool in your Disk Utility to do a repair of your disk permissions.

Now download and install the latest driver from:

http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/mac/professional/WacomTablet_6.3.34-2.dmg

Restart the computer.

Once the installation is complete, and the system is stable, connect the tablet to USB. As always, make sure your tablet is connected directly to your computer. Avoid using USB hubs, keyboard/monitor ports, or docking stations with the tablets, as they can cause inconsistent behavior.

I hope the information provided helps. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further assistance, I will be happy to help you.

Thank you for choosing Wacom and have a creative day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an FYI, this worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you!

So frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a bit of an epic workaround, but it's worked for me too. Was driving me nuts - thanks freshnsteezy​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done this twice already and it is not working...So frustrating. Been working with tech support from our company and adobe. No success.

Trying to edit the permissions too and the tablet driver is not showing up under automation even though its all set up in accessibility.

Help!

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 1.26.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-02 at 1.26.49 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

daniela43332910​

My only suggestion would be to print out the above (green) instructions, and then carefully, line by line, go through exactly what they say, piece by piece. Sometimes we can miss a small detail (ie: going to the hidden User Prefs), and it might be the critical thing that makes it work. I also did searches for everything with "wacom" in the name, in regular System files and hidden files, and deleted them all. Since the above (green) is the official Wacom instructions, and since it worked for me and other users (while painstakingly following the instructions to the T), I am suggesting that there might be a chance that this can work for you too, if you haven't already done ALL the steps in this EXACT way.

And if you have already -- sorry, I don't know what else to try... maybe reinstall your OS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not think of any worse technical issue that I have ever dealt with.

Did the space bar work for the hand tool in indesign and photoshop after?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, sorry.

And yes, spacebar works with Wacom+AI/INDD/PSD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing this. I have found this thread a year or so later, after thinking for months the issue was my keyboard, or a bluetooth conflict, or something. I followed the steps very carefully this afternoon and for the past two hours since doing so, no more sticky modifier keys. It's too early to say it worked for sure, but also, it seems to have made my tablet much more responsive and a lot easier to draw with somehow. Amazing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had issues after updating to the latest Wacom Driver. 6.3.34-2

I had my Wacom Tablet plugged in like I usually do (to avoid lag etc) and all my option, ctrll cmd keys were not working.

Unplugging usb cable and going in bluetooth mode fixed this.

Ridiculous that every update has to waste so much of my time....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, except I skipped the First Aid Kit part as it was taking forever. After deleting the corresponding files, emptying trash, restarting, re-downloading the new driver, restarting again, finally I can once again scale proportionally while holding shift in Illustrator 2019. At around 1.5hours it's a HILARIOUSLY long winded work around, god life would be boring if software updates 'just worked' wouldn't it?

Thanks Wacom you absolute clowns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wacom Customer Support | Wacom

I hope the link works. Apple updated its security settings. this solved the problem for us!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed these instructions exactly, and it fixed the problem for me. Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Works for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a new tablet yesterday and had the same problem. Gave all the permissions while installing. Did a restart and everything works properly now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines