• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

keyboard shortcuts when you DON'T have an American keyboard, specifically, the ~ (to draw multiple..

Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been learning Illustrator by following the former Lynda.com videos on LinkedIn Learning. It happens sometimes that the instructor gives a shortcut for keys I don't have on my Japanese keyboard or that are located in different postitions from his American keyboard. Mostly I've been fine with going the long way, but now he's using an effect I have no access to: creating multiple lines by selecting the Line tool, drawing a line, then Command + ~ so that a bizzillion lines jut out all at once. (He says it works with shapes, too.)

My version of ~ requires a shift key, so this shortcut is a no go for me. 

I just went into the Keyboard Shortcuts menu to search for shortcuts with ~, and none came up. 

I tried looking for this specific shortcut, so I could assign it myself, but I couldn't find it. 

Questions: 

1) Am I right in assuming that I can change keyboard shortcuts by going to the Keyboard Shortcuts Menu?

2) Does anyone know the name of the specific shortcut I'm looking for?

3) Can you create custom keyboard shortcuts IF/WHEN the command (I'm not sure what to call it) isn't in the Keyboard Shortcuts Menu?

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines