• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Later window blank, all layers vanished.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My layer window has stopped showing all the layers for my project. I am unable to reorder anything, cutting and pasting "above" does not work, it simply pastes it back into the original layer which I have no access too! I've attached a screenshot.

I'm using Illustrator 2021 and macOS Big Sur 11.4

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling illustrator with no success.

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 4.54.40 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Thanks Michael, unfortunitely that did not work. But, what did work was uninstalling it again and selecting "Remove preferences" at that point, now the layer window is back to normal. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse my spelling mistake in the title... it should be "Layer window..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the Illustrator preferences is a good way to fix a lot of odd Illustrator behaviour. The reset button is located within the General tab of the Preferences. On a Mac, this can be accessed from the Illustrator menu. On a Windows machine, from the Edit menu. Click the "Reset Preferences" button. Choose OK. And then restart Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael, unfortunitely that did not work. But, what did work was uninstalling it again and selecting "Remove preferences" at that point, now the layer window is back to normal. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Great to hear you found a solution. Enjoy your new Layers panel 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines