• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layering changes appearance of colors

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having difficulties with the appearance of colors on my map. It seems that the layers are distorting each other. There are two issues:

1. Having a layer 'inside' another layers masks the color of the layer inside. (See picture, on left, the pink object within the blue object should be the same pink as the one to the left of it, but looks masked.)
  2. Colors of objects on my map appear different than the ones in my legend, even though they are the same and have the same opacity (ex. Transvaal Supergroup color should be the same as the khaki brown on map, but it is different.)

Thank you for your help. I am still trying to figure out Illustrator. 

Using 24.0.2

illustrator help.PNG

 

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

This was close to the solution... I added the swatches which I hadn't done before. Then realized that my layer color was somehow different from the color of the paths in the layers. That was affecting the saturation. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to see the way they are stacked and nested in the layers apnel. Alsoit's interesting to see the appearances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emily, Hi.

This is a shot in the dark.

You are working with Global swatches.

In your Legend, you have 100% color.

In your Map, you have tints of that same color.

K

Global and tints.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was close to the solution... I added the swatches which I hadn't done before. Then realized that my layer color was somehow different from the color of the paths in the layers. That was affecting the saturation. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’re welcome Emily. Thank your feedback.

I also figured there could be more factors affecting the color difference but without having your Illustrator file, I thought I would start with Global swatches and %.

Layers Panel plus Appearance Panel is always a good place to start looking!!!

Glad you resolved your problem. 😀

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines