• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line and fill same color but look different?

Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the line and fill look different here? Both the line and the fill are the same color. The line is one of the standards in the Artistic Chalk & Charcoal palette. (see screenshots attached)

AI 28.4.1, Mac OS 14.4.1.

TOPICS
Draw and design , How-to , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Check the brush.

Drag it out of the brushes panel. and then check the black color. Most probably it's not really black. If it's an RGB file, the black must be RGB 000

Then correct that and drag it back into the panel again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the brush.

Drag it out of the brushes panel. and then check the black color. Most probably it's not really black. If it's an RGB file, the black must be RGB 000

Then correct that and drag it back into the panel again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good suggestion, thanks. It wasn't pure black. I noodled around and changed the coloring with the colorizations options, now I just have to figure out what I did! I changed the options, and then un-did everything, and the color changed to what it should be. Magic, I guess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you could solve it.

Brushes are usually at least 2 objects: the brush path itself and an invisible rectangle. Maybe that threw you off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, I could not figure out how to redo what I did earlier. So I used the recolor artwork palette to achieve the same thing. Although the stroke is a PMS color, in the recolor artwork it shows up as black, so I edited the black to be 000. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are brushes like the Artistic_ChalkCharcoalPencil set that have their color as 100% K (CMYK Black) defined.

They expand to the RGB version of a CMYK Black (29/29/29 or 88,3% K).

If these brushes were made with 100% Grayscale instead of RGB or CMYK values they woud work in both RGB and CMYK documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines