Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lineweight becomes darker when exported as pdf

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

In drawing a vector based line site plan on .ai, i am able to apply lineweights. However, when exported as a pdf and viewing it on a pdf reader or uploading it, the file lineweights become thicker or darker. When I view the pdf file on illustrator, the line weights are correct. The problem happens when i view the .pdf file on any other program or platform.

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 4.23.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-26 at 4.23.40 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Import and export , Performance , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Enhance Thin Lines checked in Acrobat Preferences > Pge Display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! this worked! I uncheck enchance thin lines, smooth images and checked smooth line art. This setting gave me exactly what I have in AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember that this is a user controlled option and anyone else viewing the PDF may have it enabled. You might want to add something like "Best viewed with Enhanced Thin Lines turned off in Preferences ".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also open the file in Photoshop (which automatically converts the vector artwork to a pixel based image) and save it as a PDF. This will keep your lineweights applied in Illustrator as original. This is a bit more time consuming but ensures any other users will see your intended lineweights without having to change their Acrobat preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this just saved my project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this guy is right open your file in photoshop and then save in pdf(remember to check off Anti-aliasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you just saved my life!!!! thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines