• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Files Once Adobe Illustrator Crashed

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on a project in Illustrator for hours and have, to my knowledge, been saving the file as I work. I then tried backing up the file onto an external hard drive and when saving, the application crashed and the entire file vanish and is no where to be found on my desktop or my external hard drive. Is there any way to recover this file?

TOPICS
Import and export , Performance , Sync and storage , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Hi.

Unfortunately, the answer is NO.

For the future, I highly recommend you this plugin: Autosaviour.

With this, you can automatically save (or remember to), and backup the working versions.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

Unfortunately, the answer is NO.

For the future, I highly recommend you this plugin: Autosaviour.

With this, you can automatically save (or remember to), and backup the working versions.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience.  To try and prevent this from happening in the future, here are some tips that should help:- 
1. It's best to save files locally to your computer (Desktop, Documents, etc.) 
2. Always save to multiple locations if possible (Use CC as alternate). 
3. Uncheck "Turn off Data Recovery for Complex Document " 
We have consolidated the most popular solutions that help in fixing these issues and also, how you can recover unsaved documents after a crash in this help article (helpx.adobe.com/in/illustr...). 

You may also try creating cloud docs. Your cloud documents will be saved automatically as you work. Autosave keeps the cloud documents up-to-date, and you can access them wherever you have Illustrator installed. A version history is also maintained for each save operation that you manually perform. For more details, see helpx.adobe.com/in/illustr... 

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is garbage. My app keeps crashing and I lose work all the time. Even microsoft word has autosave functionality. Fix your product!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines