• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major Cursor Bug with macOS High Sierra 10.13 and Illustrator CC 2017

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have latest version of Illustrator installed with the new release of macOS High Sierra 10.13 on a MacBook Pro 15in, Mid 2012 laptop with or without Thunderbolt display. However with touchpad control (not magic mouse) use is even worse. Ghost clicks and actions are rampant and object selection is horrific and cursor clicks and drags itself selecting unintended objects, etc. etc. I would think both my space bar and touch pad were driving themselves however these issues only apply to Illustrator and not other apps, include other Adobe Apps. Even the text tool and typing are difficult, partially with the selection issues and even typing text once the selection is made. This applies both to art-board content and the contextual menu selections entering sizes and applying transformations to objects.

Is anyone else experiencing this with a similar system configuration?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Couple people have asked me, so I thought I would share... The Dictation Setting in Mac OS is actually in the Keyboard settings. For some people on older Macs, we have noticed that they need to turn the internal mic volume all the way down, as well as the internal speaker volume. In most cases, just turning off Dictation seems to resolve the issue, but any combination of these three things seems to resolve the issue for everyone.

dictation.png

input.png

Volume.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2017 Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've heard of similar problems with indesign. best advice at the moment is roll back to your previous system until its fixed, probably with an OS update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problems, Illustrator is essentially unusable. Talked to Apple, they won't have 10.13.1 released until next year. Several non-Apple websites are reporting Apple has released a beta 10.13.1, but that's not true. Waiting for a public beta release appears the only option, as moving back to a previous OS is too painful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just talked to Adobe about this issue. Here's what they say:

There is a compatibility issue happening with the High Sierra and the Engineers on both the end are working on it.

They have no date as to when a fix will be available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>are reporting Apple has released a beta 10.13.1, but that's not true.

Yes it is true for Developers.  it is not a 'public beta'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Yes it is true for Developers.  it is not a 'public beta'.

I left out the 'public' as I was uncertain if readers would know the difference and the sites directed you to the Apple webpage to sign up for public betas. If you follow those instructions, they direct you to  the download website which would tell you there's nothing to be tested, further adding to the potential confusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 10.13.1 Beta and the issue is still the same.

The cursor becomes a square of junk and makes picking up anypoint totally useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Adobe Illustrator - We have not seen or heard of the issue that you mentioned about ghost clicks. Nor have we seen this issue with a similar hardware to the one you mentioned.

Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com  I would like to get this investigated.

To assure others on the thread. Apple and Adobe are doing their best to address compatibility issues with the product. Till that time I would humbly request you to be with OSX 10.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just thought I'd jump in and say that whilst I'm not (so far) experiencing any issues with Indesign or Photoshop... Illustrator is off the scale. The cursor issue is a major headache in itself as you're not quite sure if anything or everything is selected, and if it is selected it has a mind of it's own... jumping across the screen or rotating the element selected. That said it is just about useable if you are desperate. However, in addition the whole package seems to grow progressively slower and unresponsive the more you ask it to do. As a logo and branding design Illustrator is a MUST so you can imagine how frustrating this situation is for me... not to mention my clients! Hope theres a fix coming real soon but in the meantime I agree that it would be a smart move for Adobe to be a bit more up front and communicative about the problem with the software we all rely on so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my High Sierra with the new update from Apple today and the issue is fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Illustrator issue fixed or just the Indesign issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was only referring to the InDesign issue for the fix. I'll see if it fixes the Illustrator issues too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same exact problem, I design vehicle wraps for a living and can not even use AI at the moment I deleted and reinstalled back to 2015 from CC and still same issues, I read a thread where adobe and apple addressed these issues and were working on it that update is installed on this machine and still having issues.

IM running MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015 with 128 and a 256 SSD External for my Scratch on both PS and AI Photoshop seems to be all-right but AI is absolutely unusable.

Screen Shot 2017-11-06 at 3.04.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-06 at 3.05.13 PM.png

This is what it is doing . . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC 2018 update should have fixed the cursor issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning off dictation fixed the cursor issue! Thanks to this forum.

CC 2018 did NOT fix the issue.

Running Illustrator CC 2018 v.22.0.0 on High Sierra 10.13.1 on 15" rMBP late 2013. Still had the cursor issue. Luckily before reverting to MacOS Sierra I stumbled upon this forum and found the way to fix this. Simply turned of Dictation (in Preferences – Keyboard - Dictation) and everything worked immediately without restarts or quiting. Did not have to turn off GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don’t mean to add to the dozens of snarky comments already posted about this compatibility issue (and hurriedly locked threads) but if Adobe can send me regular marketing emails trying to get me to upgrade to more products and spend more money with them, why can’t we get emails about crucial compatibility issues that are basically ruining our production? I committed to Adobe Creative Cloud to run my business and trust Adobe to deliver something that works. I don’t consider myself a tech geek with hours of time on my hands to investigate and research software - that’s your job. Surely a jerky yellow square all across your screen (in inDesign) is not difficult to spot in Beta? You have our emails guys...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a glitchy cursor issue as well in InDesign (Creative Cloud... latest version).

have recently installed high Sierra 10.13 on 2 different 27" iMacs (2012, and late 2015) and have the same issue on both machines.

i tried to take screengrabs, but the issue does not appear in them. odd.  with the selection tool, when the cursor is over a selected object, the cursor changes from the correct selection "arrow" to what i can best describe as a changing block of colors & shapes and is nearly impossible to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep it's BS. I'm finding it impossible to do simple things, like grab the edges of table cells to resize rows or columns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you are already aware that Apple has today released a supplemental update to High Sierra that addresses the Indesign problem.

The overall issue for me is that betas of High Sierra have been out for months, and so it is hard for me to understand how two companies as large, well staffed and profitable as Apple and Adobe are could not resolve these issues prior to the release of the final version of High Sierra. I went ahead and upgraded to High Sierra, and the issues are a nuisance but able to be worked around, and the overall performance improvement with APFS is (for me) worth the trouble. But I still don't understand why these issues don't get solved ahead of final releases, particularly when both companies know how many Mac users are also Adobe users.

Adobe (and Apple) fix the issues and fix them quickly. We are all paying a lot of money for your products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thks for your answer !! I did that but nothing appeared better for me for the moment... !

Yes, incredible to have these pbs for Apple and Adobe ???? Its not serious clearly !!

I hope I will fix that quickly !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem ! How can I do to fix the pb ?

Do i Have to change mac OS high sierra >>> mac OS Sierra ?

And how can I do ?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re changing from High Sierra back to Sierra: There are a number of sites that provide you with that info, but I've done this before with (previous OS versions) for others and it can be quite painful and time consuming. Short answer: find an Apple certified technician (they're everywhere) and have them do it. Prices vary, so you might shop around. Depending upon demand and other current orders, it may take them more than a day or two (or a week), so ask what they believe how long it will take. If you have the time, you might want to wait for the public beta mentioned above (but that could be a month away).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thk for your answer. But I haven't the time to go tho a shop. So i will wait an new update of adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. It's making Illustrator nearly impossible to use and extremely frustrating. Adobe, please update this ASAP and make an loud announcement so that those with this issue are aware of the fix when it's ready.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a workaround to the Illustrator issue. Whilst working with Adobe tech support for a few hours last night we found Illustrator works fine from a newly created user account. For the moment, when I need Illustrator I'll just flip over to this new account and go to work until they come up with a fix. I've signed into the CC app so I have access to all my files and libraries.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines