Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Major problem with units !

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am facing a huge problem with the units in Adobe Illustrator.

It seems like Illustrator doesn't put a separator before the decimals, which are interpreted as part of the whole number.

A small video showing the issue:

Issue with units in Illustrator 2017 (v21.0.0) - YouTube

This kind of issue may be caused by the fact that I'm using a French version of Illustrator.

It would be good if Adobe would acknowledge the fact that Illustrator is not only used by English people !

Is there currently a way to solve this issue ?

It makes Illustrator very annoying to use...

I've seen that even back in Illustrator 2015 this issue was already existing... How can that be remotely possible ???

Changing my regions settings on Windows does not solve the problem.

And I don't want to uninstall Avast either.

Yes, some non-english persons use your products.

And no, we shouldn't have to change settings in Windows or uninstall our anti-virus to make your program work as intended !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karadoc_ wrote:

And no, we shouldn't have to change settings in Windows or uninstall our anti-virus to make your program work as intended !

you shouldn't have to, but since this hasn't been solved, it seems like at the moment you do have to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that but...

Are they really working in order to solve this ?
I mean it looks like this problem is here since earlier versions of Illustrator and has never been really solved..

There's clearly something that hasn't been done properly in term of development, and that's surprising to encounter that kind of issue with Adobe products, all the more on the 2017 version.

I'm looking forward a reply from Adobe to know if progress has been made on this matter, and if a fix is planned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's not very surprising to me, but i spend a fair bit of time here...

if this is the same problem as that caused by some sort of conflict with avast antivirus, the only word i've seen on it is that they can't reproduce it, hard as that might be to believe. all we can do is keep filling in the bug report form and cross our fingers.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you are maybe right.

On a lot of similar threads, people have stated that it is caused by some conflict with Avast Antivirus.

Some others have said it is caused by the region options in Windows.

I've tried to modify my regions options to no avail.

I haven't try to uninstall my antivirus though, but I don't want to go through this process of Uninstalling/Reinstalling/Reconfigure my antivirus just to see if that is the source of the problem...

I've submitted a bug report in the link you've given me...

But again... I highly doubt this will be solved shortly... If anytime at all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines