• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging non-overlapping shapes shapes but keeping colours

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right, this is makeing me really angry now. How do I merge non-overlappng shapes with different colours into one vector.?

Having converted them into vector formatting:

• I have tried Objects > Compound Path > Make : changes to one color.
  • I have tried the "Unite" button on "Pathfinder" with the ALT button: it just goes goes to the bloody outline.

Patience is wearing realling thin on this, why do all the tutorials tell me to do this and it doesnt work for me? Absolutely infuriating.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Could you please share screenshots of exactly what you are doing and an explanation of what you are trying to accomplish?

tromboniator_0-1616753114172.png

Making a compound path of two or more paths always results in all the parts having the same fill and the same stroke as the lowest (see the Layers panel) original path, and Unite + alt/opt yields the same fill and stroke as the upper original path(in a Compound Shape, not the same as a Compound Path. The only way it should be an "outline" is if the upper path has only a stro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A single object can only have a single color.

Maybe a Group is what you want?

Can you point to a tutorial that shows what you wish?

Or show an example. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share screenshots of exactly what you are doing and an explanation of what you are trying to accomplish?

tromboniator_0-1616753114172.png

Making a compound path of two or more paths always results in all the parts having the same fill and the same stroke as the lowest (see the Layers panel) original path, and Unite + alt/opt yields the same fill and stroke as the upper original path(in a Compound Shape, not the same as a Compound Path. The only way it should be an "outline" is if the upper path has only a stroke and no fill.

tromboniator_3-1616754743649.png

tromboniator_4-1616754792733.png

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you explain why you want to do this.

If you need one always to be with the other, just group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines