Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving a line increases it's line weight

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch it happen here: https://autode.sk/317ilkL

This is a path, not a shape, I am not selecting half of a very thin box, it is 1 single path. No matter how I select it, when I try to move it the line weight goes from 1pt to 30.953pt. Of course it's an easy fix but this is just another bug since the last update I've encountered.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Ok. I've never seen something like that.

Maybe you can open a new request on Illustrator.uservoice.com and share the video and an example file and your exact Illustrator version.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. I've never seen something like that.

Maybe you can open a new request on Illustrator.uservoice.com and share the video and an example file and your exact Illustrator version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you watch the Appearance panel as you repeat those steps? Does anything change when you use the Selection tool instead of the Direct Selection tool?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it happen every time?

I have something similar, if I increase line length by a keyboard increment width jumps to 192pt (from 1).

Random and seldom so not something I've invested time in combating, just happy I'm not getting all the problems every one is getting on updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines