• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

moving tif behind clipping mask

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a rectangle. I placed a tif behind it (move to back). I selected both and "make clipping mask." I want to move the tif behind the rectangle to place exactly the right edge of tif at right edge of rectangle. I double click on tif and am able to move it. But when I do, it doesn't show me the edges of the rectange (stroke = 3). So I cannot tell where to stop dragging tif.

Thank you from this complete newbie. (Can you tell?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to say - I'm using Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought when you made a clipping mask it only operated on the fill area and doesn't include the stroke (it discards the stroke)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can resetablish the stoke by selecting the mask path with direct select/hollow tool.

Knowing when to use the direct select tool open up many features in Illustrator, I used to often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. With direct select tool grab only the image
      2. Comand Y to go into outline mode
      3. Drag and snap into corner
      4. Command Y to go back into preview mode

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 2.54.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 2.54.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally may I add that you should try using the .PSD format. There are advantages of efficiency and integration with other programs to using .PSD, while I know of no advantages to .tif (though am sure will hear on this forum if there are any, now that I said that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines