• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MSVCP120.dll is missing

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just download the Adobe Illustrator and tried to run a 30-day trial program. However, after installation, when I run it for the first time, I was told "The program can't start because MSVCP120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem ". I am using the Windows 10 operating system. Any solution here? Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

MSVCP120.dll is missing, this error on windows might crash Illustrator and InDesign

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download Center

and download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

select VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe(if you are on 64 bit OS) and VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe (on both 64 bit and 32 bit OS)

once downloaded run these files

and click repair on both

then it will ask you to restart , do not restart and download the next

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2015 Aug 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yuew,

The help is here:

Error: "Missing msvcp110.dll file"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,
What is the appropriate course of action if the vcredist_x64.exe is not in the location your article references?   I am running Create Cloud version 2.3.0.151.  However when i go to the location your article talks about, all i see is this..
Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I am sorry, but I have no clue, beyond what is in the article.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jacob, it was worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome, Dave.

I believe this is one for our forum staff friends. Hopefully one of them will see this soon.

I will try to keep an eye out and alert the first one turning up in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reached out to tech support and after a little bit of poking around, they determined that the issue was regarding how the Visual Studio runtime package was running on my pc.  They recommended that i contact Microsoft for support.  There was no way I was going to call them, so fearing that I did have some level of corruption at the OS level, I wiped out my OS partition and reinstalled windows.  So far I only put back the PhotoShop CC program and it boots.  So I guess Adobe Tech support was right!

Just wanted to update on my issue.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing, Dave.

I hope you will report on Illy as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MSVCP120.dll is missing, this error on windows might crash Illustrator and InDesign

Download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Download...

and download Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

select VSU_4\vcredist_x64.exe(if you are on 64 bit OS) and VSU_4\vcredist_x86.exe (on both 64 bit and 32 bit OS)

once downloaded run these files

and click repair on both

then it will ask you to restart , do not restart and download the next update

Download Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 from Official Microsoft Download...

and follow the same steps

next step will be removing(delete/ rename) preferences folder(indesign/ Adobe Illustrator/Adobe Illustrator 20 Settings/Adobe Illustrator 19 Settings) from below mention locations

C:\Users\usernameAppData\Local\Adobe

C:\Users\usernameAppData\Roaming\Adobe

then restart the system

after the system is rebooted relaunch the application

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could kiss you guys! .....OK, I won't. But thank you very much! Photoshop and Premiere now running fine!

Have a great day!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is how to fix any DLL files Errors from your Windows PC

1: First note down the DLL file that is missing. This is shown in the error box itself. For the demonstration purpose, we are having an error saying XINPUT1_3.dll is missing. Where XINPUT1_3.dll is the name of the missing dll file.

2: Now go to the website DLL-files.com and search for the DLL file. In this case its XINPUT1_3.DLL. Download it, to your PC

3: After you download the zip file, extract it and save it in a convenient destination folder. You will have the DLL file in the folder.

4: Now you have to paste this file in the system directory. It varies with Operating System.

For Windows 95/98/Me => C:WindowsSystem

For Windows NT/2000 => C:WINNT\System32

For Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, 10 => C:\Windows\System32

Source:- https://merabheja.com/fix-any-dll-files-errors-from-your-windows/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for explaining it, you are such a doll. But I wanted to ask, What is the source for Mac? My Photoshop was working fine and suddenly it started crashing, I deleted it and now I am unable to install it, all i get is you are missing some files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very useful and interesting information! Thank you so much for this article! As far as I know, dll error is easily tackled by downloading it from http://fix4dll.com and saving it to a specific folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines