• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Illustrator is SO slow (PC)

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new pc with a geforce rtx 2070 super graphics card, a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, with 16 GB of ram, and over 2TB of free space. Everything is constantly updated, but illustrator 2021 is so, so slow. It takes a couple of seconds to simply move around text boxes. I already looked at adobe's lists on how to make it faster, but I feel like nothing is helping. In my macbook, I used to run illustrator, photoshop, and autocad at the same time. If I just have google open, illustrator will say "not responding" when doing the smallest thing. Do any of you have advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Hi future post viewers! When I was working on my renders in Lumion, the program forced me to do "TDR Detection and Recovery". Then I went back to work on illustrator and then all adobe programs started running like NEW. It became so fast! I think it like forced restart my graphics card, and now my programs are at the proper speed for my pc.

Try it out and hope it works for the rest of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's true. Illustrator runs very slowly.
I have 16 cores and turned 15 off to make Illustrator run better. It is best to use a 1 core processor. With me anyway. Everything else is overwhelming for Illustrator. A fundamental update from Adobe is necessary here so that it can also cope with multicore processors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi future post viewers! When I was working on my renders in Lumion, the program forced me to do "TDR Detection and Recovery". Then I went back to work on illustrator and then all adobe programs started running like NEW. It became so fast! I think it like forced restart my graphics card, and now my programs are at the proper speed for my pc.

Try it out and hope it works for the rest of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines