• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help from illustrator Experts

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have good experience in illustrator but I need to learn more.

See the attachment file. I want to recreate it in illustrator. (Fully vector).

This is super easy to recreate it but I am talking about edges of logo. It looks like inner glow. But this is not inner glow. Then what is this? Please help

inbound8855782023156666782.jpg

 

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "fully vector" what is the scope of this?

You cannot do it without gradient meshes, blend modes, effects or even a combination of all of these. Only using blends would really be fully vector.

But the resulting output file would not work in most if not all of the production workflows that require "fully vector". So why fully vector?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean to say (fully vector)  I want to create this in only illustrator. Not photoshop 

Please guide me in simple way step by step 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's actually not super easy. Writing step by step instructions would take at least a day and by the time the artwork would be finished. Why should anyone do that?

Not everything you doin Illustrator is fully vector and it's important how the artwork will be used.

You might want to read the documentation about the functions I mentioned and then searchfor additional tutorials online. And then practice them and then make your artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would create the inner part in Photoshop (Bevel & Emboss) and use a vector clipping mask in Illustrator to keep the edges sharp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for reply but is it possible we do not use photoshop? We try to design this in only illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika already gave you the answer to that. The beveled example you posted was done in Photoshop. Even if you go to all the considerable trouble it would take to replicate it exactly in Illustrator, it won't be 100% vector, so why bother? It's a raster effect. Photoshop does it easily by design. Doing it in Illustrator is like driving a nail using a screwdriver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like inner glow. But this is not inner glow. Then what is this?

inbound8855782023156666782.jpg

It's Photoshop's Bevel and Emboss Layer Style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines