• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Artboard causing crash

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone experiencing this after the update today? Using the New Artboard button crashes every time for me. Old documents. New documents. Every. Single. Time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Update to our latest build to have this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not heard from anyone else. please share the crash log or contact support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update, I am facing the same problem and it is frustrating. As soon as I click on the New Artboard button, it freezes and I have to force quit the program then I either loose the project that i work on or it saves as recovered file. However, if it saves the file as recovered and if I clicked on the New Artboard button by accidently, I loose the file.

I have to use the Artboard Tool all the time and it takes too much time if I have overlapping things and have to add so many artboards...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue but this has only started this morning. I ran a Clean my Mac yesterday BUT that doesn't usually affect anything on this iMac ... ever. I must admit I haven't done anything about it YET but I'll be looking at a few things so will keep you posted... SODS law, on a crazy busy day too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By any did you created/rearranged artboards with 0 spacing between artboards? You can try duplicating artboards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue over here still - duplicating artboards does work though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was the 0 spacing causing the crash! all good now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've discovered this issue today. Every time I click on 'Add Artboard', Illustrator freezes. I can create a number of layouts on the 'New Document' window, but I can't add layouts once it's open without freezing. Seems to be a few bugs across the latest CC suite update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you rearrange or created new document with 0 spacing between artboards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user experiencing this issue since updating to Illustrator 2018 this morning.

Mac OS 10.11. 6 on a MacBook Pro 13 Inch Retina. It happens with brand new documents after a restart.

The application doesn't crash and exit, but Illustrator CPU usage goes to 100% immediately after, with a beach ball icon until we get bored after a few minutes and Force Quit.

Duplicating an existing Artboard works OK, though.

She says she does have some Artboards with 0 spacing between them. You have asked the question more than once. Is it a recommendation to do so, or not to do so?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not recommend you to have 0 spacing artboard as of now if that is possible in your workflow. This initiates the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set that as a permanent preference -having space between- in Illustrator so you don't have to manually do that every time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and do have 0 spacing between artboards, but that is necessary as I am creating printable PDF's that have to be taped together (sewing patterns).  This was not an issue for me in the past.  Is there some sort of work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue! Illustrator freezes when I try to create a new artboard. This is very frustrating and is killing my productivity.

I hope they fix this fast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holding Alt and dragging the original artboard to duplicate helps, but it's not a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem happening for me. It will freeze as soon as I click either "New artboard" button and I have to force quit after several minutes of waiting every time. Duplicate artboard does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue.  If I try to duplicate an artboard with the plus sign, expand, or create a new artboard it will bring up an error message saying I've exceeded the space limit and crashes.  I don't think this update was ready to be released.  Lots of issues.

Update: My Photoshop artboard issue.  If you're trying to duplicate or create a new artboard, my dimensions default to percentage rather than pixel so it reads 1920% x 1080% and not 1920px x 1080px.  But if you manually switch it to pixels it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same issue cant add a new artboard via the artboard palette or artboard tool

its killing me

hope it gets cleared up or im done for

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the 2018 CC version yesterday and I am experiencing this flaw. Every (yes, 100% of the time) I try to add an artboard Illustrator crashes. I lost at least an hour of work yesterday. I work on a bill-by-hour basis and this is very frustrating, not to mention a waste for my clients.

I do work with schematic drawings, so adding space between artboards is not an option for me. I need to have certain objects show up at exactly the same place on every artboard and I'm not going to spend countless hours adding space between artboards on every file I have to open.

I'm paying a lot of money to use this product at a professional level. I'm not interested in an Adobe employee telling me how to do my job as a workaround for their mistake.

Judging by this thread, this has been a problem since October.

Pretty please, Adobe, get off your ass and fix the damn problem!

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iMac mid-2011, 12gb RAM, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Illustrator CC 2018 (22.0.1)

I normally don't need multiple artboards, so just encountering this for the first time today. Similar to others, if I try to add an artboard to an existing document using the artboard panel, I get the Beachball of Death and have to do a force quit and reboot. Frankly, it comes across as a bit of an insult to be paying a monthly fee for the Creative Cloud, and for you to tell us to use a bootstrap workaround instead of actually fixing the problem, especially when it's one that definitely did not exist before one of the recent updates.

Fix yo' $#!7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent a while searching for the appropriate phone number to call, then over an hour on the phone with a very nice tech support person. He was able to fix this problem by deleting the application settings. The whole day I was able to add artboards without the application crashing.

Fast forward to today and I'm back to square one. Every time I try to add a new artboard Illustrator crashes.

I'm beyond frustrated with this. I know if I delete my personal settings it might start working again. However, I don't want to reset all of my tool, unit, selection, etc. preferences every couple of days when Illustrator decides to break again.

Adobe, fix your program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After restarting the application from the latest artboard related crash, It appears Illustrator is deleting my personal preferences anyway.

Loading my saved workspace isn't working.

At this point I'm f**king irate. Adobe, get off your ass and fix your faulty program!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the same way, I started living this problem. I even register before opening a new "artboard". This problem is not always happening. I live more when the "Layer Cliping Mask" application is applied.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost four months later and this still isn't fixed.

I'd be fired if I let a problem go this long at my job.

I guess Adobe likes to hide behind their huge market share.

Suppose for a moment you're a delivery driver. You buy a nice new truck from a major truck manufacturer.

Every time you try to fill your nice new truck with fuel, it disappears and teleports itself to where you were 20 minutes ago.

You have to go back to your teleported truck and re-do all the deliveries you just made.

That would get pretty old after a few days, right?

Adobe, fix your faulty program. People are paying a lot of money to use this for their JOBS! I'm not screwing around making internet memes here. I have clients and deadlines that are negatively affected by your ineptitude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2018 Feb 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another week later and this still isn't fixed.

The original post in this thread is from October 18th. It's February 21st. That's almost four (4) months.

I have zero (0) clients who would put up with me if I let a problem go this long.

My daughter's Minecraft game gets fixed more frequently than this supposed professional tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines