Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Illustrator 23.0 not showing preview

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm getting error message in illustrator that says "can't finish previewing" then my work turns black and white with very thin outlines. I restarted my computer a few times, but I cannot keep doing this throughout the day as I am at work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ashutosh I will be checking back on this issue. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - "can't finish previewing"... and shuts down

Working in a team of 9 people and  since yesterday: illustrator shuts down, not respecting color management (bug - but now solved), photoshop cc2019 doesn't open smart objects in illustrator...

Thousands of unecessary features each version but what is most important for professionals doesn't work or work worse...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. With multiple files, multiple times a day. macOS Mojave 10.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. CC2019.
Fairly simple file.

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro14,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 4 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP142.0178.B00

SMC Version (system): 2.44f1

Serial Number (system): C02VC95QHV2L

Hardware UUID: 1652D277-6308-5692-90DD-55A337374457

Disabled GPU preview: same story.

previewai.png

I'm working with pattern brushes if that can help (seems like other users are too).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.

I installed Mojave 10.14 (iOS 10.14 Mac)

and immediately after the Adobe update with Illustrator CC 23.0

A DISASTER!

Despite the 64 GB RAM of the new iMacPro, Illustrator every few minutes passes ALONE in "Contour" mode and no allows to return to "Preview" mode with message "Unable to complete preview"

At that point I must immediately save and exit the program (quit) and re-enter to prevent it from crashing and losing data.

Message: Not enough RAM ... 64Gb are installed on new iMac Pro

So it's very difficult to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Also installed Mojave (which was a mistake) but doubt it would of made any odds. Why release an update if it's clearly not been tested properly.

Back to 2018 we go...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to the 2018 version also. It's working fine now. Going to stick with the 2018 version until I hear the glitches have been worked out. I appreciate everyone's comments and I hope the new version will be worked out for all of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue occurring 5 minutes into using the new version. Running MacOS High Sierra v10.13.6 . Going back to previous version, although I have to ask:

How in the world can such a huge, obvious issue be happening to SO many users and yet the version still gets released?

Sigh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm have same issue. "Can't finish preview" even when working on very small files! Illustrator switches to Outline preview mode. Sometimes crashes, sometimes does not. Happens ever 5 minutes or so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem here, multiple Mac Pros, ranging from 64GB of RAM and 128GB of RAM. Only started happening since update to CC19.

Work-Around:

Quitting and changing the preview to CPU instead of GPU (Command-E) and then back again, then hitting Preview (Command-Y) solves it momentarily.

Pretty serious issue. Makes software unusable even for super simple AIs... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uploaded - works perfectly

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a problem with the software. Uninstall the update & go back to the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem has already been solved!

It is no longer necessary to make suggestions.

Expect only the official Adobe upgrade.

The 23.0.1 works!

I've been using it for over 12 hours and it's no blocked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your support. gioveadv

@ArtDept_AAWhiteCo Please give the 23.0.1 build a try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can't finish previewing" issue here too. Downloaded pre-release build (23.0.1) and installation ended up with 103 error. Reverting back on all our workstations to previous version (CC 2018 22.1) for now.

BR,

Kalle Ahvenus
www.mainosrengit.fi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kalle,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. I would request you to please share a few more details like:

Operating system(Exact Version of Windows/MAC)

Screenshot of the Error?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ashutosh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.1

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQ – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in while updating.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to return to normal, you should go to the option> View> GPU View

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have resolved this issue by closing the app and restarting with pressing Alt+command, pls do try this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines