• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New pattern swatch changing when I use it as a fill?

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to fill a lettered vector with a new pattern swatch I made. 

The lines of the pattern are very thinly spaced apart, but when I use the new swatch to fill in my vector, the lines become further spaced apart and dont look at all like the pattern I initially created.

How can I make it so the pattern swatch doesnt change when I use it to fill a new object? 

Thanks

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

If you enlarged the letters after filling with the pattern, the pattern may have enlarged as well. You can control that in the Transform panel.

image.png

You can scale the pattern separately from the letters. Select the letters. If the letters have more than one fill, select the pattern fill in the Appearance panel. Then double-click on the Scale tool in the Tools panel and scale only the pattern.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! The pattern swatch is on the right and you can see on the left, when I use it as a fill on the lettering, the space between the lines become bigger and thicker. 

ADOBEHELP12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you enlarged the letters after filling with the pattern, the pattern may have enlarged as well. You can control that in the Transform panel.

image.png

You can scale the pattern separately from the letters. Select the letters. If the letters have more than one fill, select the pattern fill in the Appearance panel. Then double-click on the Scale tool in the Tools panel and scale only the pattern.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this a real pattern swatch you are using?

I wonder why only the yellow lines are bigger and the black ones stay more or less the same.

When scaling  the pattern proportionally, both should become larger.

Can you share an example .ai file that has the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines