• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New "Actual Size" feature is horrible for screen designers

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator team, please, pay attention to this problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AdobeIllustrator/comments/9ofbxm/new_actual_size_feature_is_great_for_print... 

Actually for me too

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

Please refer to release notes and get the preference that you will have to change to turn off the new Actual print size feature introduced with version 23.0

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manage

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading will solve most problems... that thing you posted literally mentions 'pixel preview'... mine seems accurate in this mode (pixel preview enabled... strokes etc are conformed to the pixel grid. viewing 100% or 'actual size'... I can copy stuff from the web and it looks like it does in browser.

Here's info from adobe (about pixel preview)
Best practices for creating web graphics in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s not comfortable to work in pixel preview mode all the time, because everything works slow in this mode (panning, zooming, creating objects) besides fonts look very pixelated in 100% on 5k monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

might not be ideal, you can toggle the mode. (It does move slower yes, but its only *slightly* slower.. nothing too problematic) alt+ctrl+y isn't too bad of a keystroke to send multiple times while panning clicking stuff.. you could also change the key bind/make an button action to toggle it fast(or give that button a key combo)

Most things like this I just adapt and make it work for me... work is work.  Eventually adobe will make some fix for it but until then it will take some extra 'work' on your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, in CC 2018 this wasn't an issue. It was already "fixed". I can't believe wrong zoom levels are a new feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem to be consistent Ryan. Pixel preview is completely out of whack on my Surface now, Illustrator 2018 doesn't have this problem.

I believe this is a problem with high DPI screens when scaling comes into play. I really hope Adobe considers this a bug and helps us out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thats unfortunate... only thing I can think (it may be annoying)

have one file/artboard zoomed in to whatever ends up being 'actual' size and just past stuff in there -- tweak abit and then paste from there into some other file -- that way you can make sure its correct 'quickly' in the pre-zoomed file.

I do agree Adobe should remedy this -- 2018 a lot of print AND screen content being made (save us time adobe!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PIxel preview is garbage to design with. It's WAY slower than regular mode. Currently to see the "real" resolution I have to zoom to 66.667%. This isn't the end of the world, but it seems like it should be easy enough to give the option to turn off the new screen resolution settings. I would much rather 100% be 100% than this weird approximated "real size" thing they're doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work exclusively in print & packaging. You are now experiencing the pain I've endured for twenty years or more, scaling to 154% to get something approximately actual size.

Yours

Vern

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch Vern, fair point. But Adobe should be able to support both screen and print designers. By all means, have a checkbox that toggles the "Actual Size" feature.

Official bug post on this issue: 100% view is not 100% for pixels in cc2019 – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.1

Please refer to release notes and get the preference that you will have to change to turn off the new Actual print size feature introduced with version 23.0

While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use / recommend it for your day to day activity.

Warm Regards,

Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why don't you, like, just tell us how to turn off Actual print size so we don't have to go find release notes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines