• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie question: Opacity is set at 100%, but the object is still translucent.

Explorer ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've drawn several sets of objects, grouped some of them and toyed with different fill and stroke colors and opacity settings. Sometimes I used the eyedropper tool to copy colors from one object to another. Now I find that on some of the objects, I'm not able to restore the opacity to 100% even though the Control panel shows the opacity is set to 100%. I've tried ungrouping as well as copying and pasting onto a new document, but the problem persists.  Any idea how I managed to do this and is it possible to get back to 100% opacity?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Select the object and open the appearance panel.

Stroke and fill opacity can be set independently from object transparency. And do also check if there's something applied at layer level.

Read about the appearance panel in the documentation. It's the second most important panel in Illustrator (first one is the layers panel, so you might want to learn that one as well)

Using the Appearance panel | Adobe Illustrator CC tutorials

How to adjust appearance attributes in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the object and open the appearance panel.

Stroke and fill opacity can be set independently from object transparency. And do also check if there's something applied at layer level.

Read about the appearance panel in the documentation. It's the second most important panel in Illustrator (first one is the layers panel, so you might want to learn that one as well)

Using the Appearance panel | Adobe Illustrator CC tutorials

How to adjust appearance attributes in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appearance panel shows 100% opacity but the object shows 30% opacity in both opacity panel, Layer panel and Appearance panel. Where else can this property be controlled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It can be applied to the fill resp. stroke of the path, to the object or to the group, or the layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines