• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[!now] error message whenever I try to export files

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this error message has randomly started happening since i updated illustrator. I have done a clean windows install and it still happens. All I am doing is trying to export designs at 300dpi as a png. I cannot export anything now. And as a work around I have to copy the designs to photoshop and export using that. However I don't like this option as the file is not a vector anymore. I have searched the internet everywhere and can't find anyone with this issue. Please HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

I was having this problem too; I checked "Use Artboards" when exporting and then it worked fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

We had this issue solved via renaming the path to the file — it was too long for the system (Windows 10, Illustrator CC2019)

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

If your artboard is too big, it won't let you export as. I ran into this issue when I thought my artboard was 1920x1080 PIXELS when in fact it was in INCHES. Doh!! Try double checking the size of your artboard and see if that helps. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Had the same issue with a big file. As I lowered the dpi from 300 to 72 it worked...dunno if it's because there's a 72 dpi raster file in the project, because I have too little free RAM or because the file is too big...

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Hello! I was having this same exact problems and the other solutions were not working when I went to export normally (file -> export as -> png with artboard selected). Instead of doing that, try right-clicking the asset you want to export and hit export selection. I was able to export my files this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the readers, double check the size of your artboards!  The Export for Screens menu, when using effectively the same settings, will present a different menu to you.  E.g., 72 ppi.  But it will, instead of producing a [now!] error message (which is not helpful), produce a message along the lines of "the file is too big" or something.

You can use the Export for Screens method to select, e.g., width and set number of pixels wide you want.

Ideally, the same error message could be produced for the Export menu.  Let the user know why 😉  I inherited this AI file, and have no idea what the sizes of all this stuff actually is, but clearly it's huge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a similar solution. 

Was designing a page for a website which meant having lots of text from top to bottom of a 1920x8000px file. 

The page used three fonts. Somehow one of the fonts got corrupted or something and all the text objects that used it went blank. The Find Fonts option wasn't working as well so I couldn't replace the corrupted font. A warning popped up every time I opened the file and I couldn't export a jpg using File > Export As.

Save For Web (Legacy) wasn't working either. What I did was reduce the height of the artboard to just the top sectoi n of the page. When I tried save for web it worked this time. I then increased the height of the page and tested again till I got to the bottom of the page. It was at the second last sectoin of the page that the error came back and that's where the bad font object was

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Size down your vector and try to export agian. If it dose not work keep scalling in down till it lets you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, this works. Thank you so much. Also the "export for screens" works without this error too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"export for screens worked" worked! thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2022 Jan 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camofloge Head Bags Now Available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your artboard is too big, it won't let you export as. I ran into this issue when I thought my artboard was 1920x1080 PIXELS when in fact it was in INCHES. Doh!! Try double checking the size of your artboard and see if that helps. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue with a big file. As I lowered the dpi from 300 to 72 it worked...dunno if it's because there's a 72 dpi raster file in the project, because I have too little free RAM or because the file is too big...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I was having this same exact problems and the other solutions were not working when I went to export normally (file -> export as -> png with artboard selected). Instead of doing that, try right-clicking the asset you want to export and hit export selection. I was able to export my files this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same issue just now. I'm pretty sure that it was because the output filename was too long; I unchecked the Suffix option and that fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines