Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Option to rotate selected object not appearing in latest version of Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have been having this issue ever since I upgraded to the latest version of Illustrator.  When I select an object (bounding box is shown) I can't get the cursor to change to the rotation cursor.  Sometimes I don't have an issue, but lately, it won't appear at all.

Can anyone provide some guidance?

Thanks!

CJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1. The exact version of Illustrator and the Operating System.
  2. Is this happening on a specific file or multiple files?
  3. If on multiple files, you can also try resetting the preferences and check again. To reset the preferences please follow the steps shared on this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the objects (relative to the actual zoom level) perhaps pretty small?

In other words, does the rotation cursor reappear if you increase the zoom level?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this problem as well. I'm in CC on Windows. Tried resetting preferences, resetting bounding box view, restarting, and zooming in. No matter what I do the rotate cursor won't show up. It only shows the scaling cue/cursor, and I have to guess when I'm far enough away from the point to try to rotate. Super hit or miss, and drastically slows down my ability to create as I'm having to often readjust when a shape gets rescaled when I don't want it to or rotates unwantedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to downgrade to an older version to get this feature to consistently
work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Under the preferences, "selection & anchor display", what is showing for your Selection tolerance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines