• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Organising toolbar

Contributor ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just want to put the pencil tool back in the toolbar where it always used to  be. I read the adobe tutorial on how to do this but when I try to drag the tool from the drawer to the toolbar nothing happens. The drawer also looks very "greyed out" as though it has no intention of doing what it's told.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Contributor , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

I reset my current workspace. It changed nothing. But I found that illustrator itself gave me a clue. When i tried to move the pencil tool in from the drawer, it highlighted the shaper tool in blue. I don't even know what that's for.. When I checked it out it turned out to have gobbled the pencil tool up and I found it there. I clicked so the pencil tool is now showing on the toolbar and not the shaper tool..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Hi @tuilorraine 

Which workspace are you using? If you are using Essentials, then by default you are getting the Basic toolbar, which does not have all of the tools. If you are using Essentials Classic, the Default is the Advanced toolbar with all of the tools.

The Pencil tool is in the same group with the Shaper tool. The Shaper tool is in front by default. You can drag out tools that you don't use and then save it as a new toolbar.

19DD810A-8CE7-4D27-8A7A-BE1ECC4042D1.jpeg

@tuilorraine wrote:

The drawer also looks very "greyed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi just reset your settings from preferences or reset your current workspace...regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset my current workspace. It changed nothing. But I found that illustrator itself gave me a clue. When i tried to move the pencil tool in from the drawer, it highlighted the shaper tool in blue. I don't even know what that's for.. When I checked it out it turned out to have gobbled the pencil tool up and I found it there. I clicked so the pencil tool is now showing on the toolbar and not the shaper tool..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @tuilorraine 

Which workspace are you using? If you are using Essentials, then by default you are getting the Basic toolbar, which does not have all of the tools. If you are using Essentials Classic, the Default is the Advanced toolbar with all of the tools.

The Pencil tool is in the same group with the Shaper tool. The Shaper tool is in front by default. You can drag out tools that you don't use and then save it as a new toolbar.

19DD810A-8CE7-4D27-8A7A-BE1ECC4042D1.jpeg

@tuilorraine wrote:

The drawer also looks very "greyed out" as though it has no intention of doing what it's told.

When the tools in the Edit Toolbar window are grayed out, it means they are already in your toolbar.

See this Help file:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/user-guide.html/illustrator/using/tools.ug.html 

and ask here if you have more questions.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines