• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paste text in Illustrator 2020 without formatting

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, is there a keyboard shortcut I'm missing to be able to paste text from A to B without B inheriting A's format/style? 

I've been using Sketch and Figma for awhile and only just picked up Illustrator again so I'm relearning keyboard shortcuts. Appreciate the help! 

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Nothing native that i know of, i found an link for the same issue with some workarounds, have a look

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/51833/illustrator-paste-text-without-formatting

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Additionally, Illustrator might have disabled your preferred formatting.

Look under Settings (aka, Preferences) under Clipboard Handling -- uncheck "When Pasting...Paste text without Formatting". Then use the quick key references like Gerone mentioned if need to paste text with no formatting.

This had been a pain for me over many months after upgrading systems. Hopefully this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing native that i know of, i found an link for the same issue with some workarounds, have a look

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/51833/illustrator-paste-text-without-formatting

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I saw this but since it was from 5 years ago I was hoping they fixed this issue for the newest version 😞 Ah well 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is this marked as SOLVED . It is NOT solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paragraph Styles...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

elaborate plz sir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@movidagraficamarketing 

The workaround has worked for the OP. That's why I think.

If you want to help to change the behaviour - please vote here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/319...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy: Ctrl/Cmd C

Paste: Ctrl+Alt V / Cmd+Opt V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Additionally, Illustrator might have disabled your preferred formatting.

Look under Settings (aka, Preferences) under Clipboard Handling -- uncheck "When Pasting...Paste text without Formatting". Then use the quick key references like Gerone mentioned if need to paste text with no formatting.

This had been a pain for me over many months after upgrading systems. Hopefully this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines