Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Paste text in Illustrator 2020 without formatting

New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone, is there a keyboard shortcut I'm missing to be able to paste text from A to B without B inheriting A's format/style? 

I've been using Sketch and Figma for awhile and only just picked up Illustrator again so I'm relearning keyboard shortcuts. Appreciate the help! 

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Tools, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020
Nothing native that i know of, i found an link for the same issue with some workarounds, have a look https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/51833/illustrator-paste-text-without-formatting -Manan

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing native that i know of, i found an link for the same issue with some workarounds, have a look

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/51833/illustrator-paste-text-without-formatting

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I saw this but since it was from 5 years ago I was hoping they fixed this issue for the newest version 😞 Ah well 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is this marked as SOLVED . It is NOT solved.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Paragraph Styles...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@movidagraficamarketing 

The workaround has worked for the OP. That's why I think.

If you want to help to change the behaviour - please vote here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/319...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines