Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Pathfinder : substract an open path from a shape

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to substract the selected white path from the dark grey shape below the path. I used Pathfinder > substract, but it also erases the part of the grey shape "inside" the path, as illustrated below.

indesign.pngindesign-.png

I guess this is related to the nature of the path and I tried some little things, but it didn't work... Has anybody a solution ?

Thank you all for helping all of us who don't find a solution on their own, this is so nice of you !

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Idon't quite understand the nature of your problem. I see there is a stroke involved, you need to outline strokes before using the pathfinder.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines