Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF-Standards can't be chosen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2018 Oct 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everybody,

I switched to a new MacBook recently and since then, I have got a problem when exporting PDFs from my Adobe Illustrator. I would like to export my PDF as a PDF/X-3, but I can't select the option in the 'Standard'-dropdown, since it is disabled.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-19 um 11.05.44.png

In the screenshot you can see that the options are not selectable. Did anyone have the same problem. I would be glad to get a solution.

Regards,

Andreas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Hey,

thanks y'all for answering. I wanted to share the solution with you. The problem was that color management was switched off after the installation. So I fixed it doing the following steps:

Go to: Edit > Color Settings..

Use "Custom" Setting and set the default profiles.

Greets,

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try and select it as a "Adobe PDF-Vorgabe"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, this one isn't quite enough. If I choose it as a "Adobe PDF-Vorgabe", I still can not choose the Standard. The problem is that I need the Standard for choosing a custom ECI-profile. This section is disabled until I choose a "Standard".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the Compatibility drop down menu to the far right of your window, select Acrobat 4 (PDF 1.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gbandres  wrote

Hey everybody,

I switched to a new MacBook recently and since then, I have got a problem when exporting PDFs from my Adobe Illustrator.

Did you install a fresh copy of Illustrator, or restore an image of your previous MacBook?

Some files may not have transferred correctly. Try to de-install and re-install Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here guys 😕

dont know sence when...

installed the older version of adobe cc as well... didnt help

-mojave 10.14.1 Beta (18B67a) (german language)

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-22 um 11.03.15.png

got the feeling it is because of mojave beta... but ill wait here for you guys.. if nothing will come, ill hard reinstall mojave and adobe -_-

ps. the problem is on Indesign and photoshop and acrobat as well.. dont have the option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

upd. formated my whole drive, played mojave (beta) on it .. installed the whole adobe stuff .. works now as it should

..feels like im using windows in old times

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed a whole new copy of the CS6 Collection.

Update:
Reinstalling did not help. The options are still not availbale.

Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the uservoice page someone posted the idea to install Axaio MadeToPrint demo. Use it once and after that the PDF standards were available for some people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

thanks y'all for answering. I wanted to share the solution with you. The problem was that color management was switched off after the installation. So I fixed it doing the following steps:

Go to: Edit > Color Settings..

Use "Custom" Setting and set the default profiles.

Greets,

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for finding out the solution.

I did not know that turning off color management (which the setting "Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6" does), also prevents choosing these PDF standards.

Illustrator CC 2019 (and maybe Bridge CC 2019) resets the color settings for many users to this "Emulate Adobe Illustrator 6" setting.

It is a known problem under investigation, but a lot more users should have the same problem.

Glad to hear you found the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines