Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop & Illustrator flickering and Flashing

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I have an imac retina 5k, 27-inch,2017 model 3.4 GHz Quand-core Intel coree i5 32 gb 2400 MHZ DDR4 GRAPHIC Pro 570 4 GB computer.   When I am designing products Photoshop or Illustrator the programs have been flickering & flashing and I can't design anything at all.

If anyone has the same issue could you please help me? 

I tried everything but it doesn't work. (I turned off GPU while I am working Photoshop&illustrator, but it doesn't work) I really need heelp to solvee this problem I can't do my job anymore.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2021 May 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mac OS version are you on. Many people reporting issues with Big Sur.  Do you have any third party software installed such as anti virus.

Did you quit and relaunch photoshop after turning off GPU, as you absolutely need to do that for the setting to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2021 May 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I did the comment which you wrote but it doesn't work.

Did you quit and relaunch photoshop after turning off GPU, as you absolutely need to do that for the setting to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not answer my question what OS are you on? Important for us to know so someone can help you.

Let's try an SMC reset. 

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

You may also want to try an NVRAM reset. 

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

We also recommend starting in safe mode. Sometimes just starting in this mode and then restarting normally can resolve issues like this: 

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

I have a MacOs Big Sur Version 11.3.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I hope your issue is resolved now.

I agree with the suggestions given by @Mike_Gondek. In addition to that, if you still have issues, you may try the troubleshooting steps suggested on this community post. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same machine and the same problem. Nothing suggested here works. Nothing! Like you I cannot work the flickering is giving me headachs!. Turning off the GUU causes the application to run slow and jerky. I have been on the phone with adobe and twice and both times the help has been clueless suggesting all kinds of bandaid fixes. 

Anyone with a solution please please reply to me directly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines